How about McCain?

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

How about McCain?

Postby RD » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:15 am

There has been much discussion here about Obama's policies. Does anyone know what McCain's policies are? All I've heard so far is that he wants to stay the course in Iraq, and drill for more oil. Can anyone provide some details on McCain's policies, if there are any?
"If you think teachers are your enemy, you should probably reassess who you think your friends are." - Chris Larson
RD

Re: How about McCain?

Postby Jeannine Stergios » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:15 pm

Rd

Why haven't you at least researched both candidates before deciding who to vote for? Are you that much of a left wing hack that your mind is closed to anyone elese?

Many of us have taken the time to research both candidates. Why can't you?
REPUBLICAN - BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE CAN BE ON WELFARE
Jeannine Stergios

Postby Sybil Spence Rocca » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:48 pm

Changing the subject a bit. I'm really not trying to be mean here, but has anyone other than Andy NH and I noticed McCain's confussion and losing his train of thought, etc.? I'm concerned that he just doesn't have it anymore and that he's experiencing too many "senior moments" for me to be comfortable with him.

I get embarrassed for him when he makes those jokes and then no one laughs except him. Too many gaafs.

I have a feeling we will see something sad during the debates. Obama is going to have to walk a very fine line when debating McCain. He could be charged with picking on him, or elder abuse if he goes after him too hard when McCain messes up and forgets what the question was....

We'll have to see. I think people will definately be able to see and hear the differences in these two men and finally get a chance to hear
(again) from Obama himself.
Sybil Spence Rocca

Postby RBarnes » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:54 pm

Sybil, I don't think McCain is too far different from Obama when Obama's taken off topic. Today I actually heard a rare thing... a reporter asked a tough question of him. Obama stammered and stuttered then went on that he he said "I thought I was talking to you (the reporter) not a McCain operative, but if you want to stand in and debate me in place of McCain I'm ok with that." This guy has gotten a free pass from the press for so long he actually views it as an attack when someone asks him something he actually has to think about. He isn't proving himself capable when he comes back with a defense position rather then an answer.

McCain on the other hand stammers and sometimes gets a little confused but he does give answers.
$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found
RBarnes

Postby Sybil Spence Rocca » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:36 pm

Rick,

I don't see that Obama has gotten a complete free pass, but I can see how you might view it that way. The media tends to report it that way alot.

I think Obama is a much better speaker than McCain, but
I do see that Obama does do that Uh, Uh stuff quite a bit. The debates will be something new and exciting to watch.

We'll see if any of what we've predicted comes to pass.
Sybil Spence Rocca

Postby RD » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:38 pm

How about McCain's policies? Still no details worthy of discussion? Hmmm. :?
"If you think teachers are your enemy, you should probably reassess who you think your friends are." - Chris Larson
RD

Postby TCF » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:42 pm

RD wrote:How about McCain's policies? Still no details worthy of discussion? Hmmm. :?

Nope, McCains policies suck too. The only difference is he is not dangerous to the American way of life. THE ONE is.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
TCF

Postby Sybil Spence Rocca » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:03 pm

TCF wrote:
RD wrote:How about McCain's policies? Still no details worthy of discussion? Hmmm. :?

Nope, McCains policies suck too. The only difference is he is not dangerous to the American way of life. THE ONE is.

This is just simply nutty talk! This brilliant, caring, patriotic man is NOT a danger to the American way of life! Good Lord!

He's got some wonderful ideas for this country going forward and I, for one, am willing to give him a chance instead of casting my vote for the same old, same old...
Sybil Spence Rocca

Postby TCF » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:17 pm

He's got some wonderful ideas for this country going forward and I, for one, am willing to give him a chance instead of casting my vote for the same old, same old...

What do you believe are his wonderful ideas, and please don't tell me his tire gage solution to the energy problem.
Doesn't it bother you that he is associated for the past 20 yrs with "God Dam America" Rev. Wright. Doesn't it bother you that he says we will be energy independant in 10yrs. Come on Sybil, you know and I know that is ridiculous. I have read your posts in the past and you seem like an educated women. He is a divider Sybil, not a uniter. I am going to make a prediction though, I do not belive when it comes to this great country of ours, libs and cons alike are foolish and frankly stupid enough to pull the lever for this man. If so, your life, will change dramatically and not for the better. I predict John McCain will be the next President of the US. And believe me, I am no big supporter of J McCain. I have faith in the American people, and belive the majority of Americans will see right through this con man. Hopefully you will open your eyes by then too. He is a true elitist, as far left as they come.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
TCF

Postby Wayne » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:52 pm

If we've survived George Bush, I thank we can survive anyone. Fear not, the world will not end.
Wayne

Postby RBarnes » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:59 am

Sybil Spence Rocca wrote:I don't see that Obama has gotten a complete free pass, but I can see how you might view it that way. The media tends to report it that way alot.

Yesterday while in the doctors office I was reading the newest issue of Time, they have an article saying exactly what I said, Obama has gotten a free pass and they questioned why.
$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found
RBarnes

Return to National Politics