"The One"

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

"The One"

Postby andysinnh » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:45 pm

Well, the McCain machine is running full steam forward, with their new web-based ad called "The One". So it certainly falls into line with the previous "The Celeb" one they did earlier this week, but frankly, I'm trying to figure out what it accomplishes. Confidence isn't always a bad thing...

http://www.johnmccain.com - go to the link for "the one" online ad.....
Andy Schneider
andysinnh

Re: "The One"

Postby Wayne » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:57 pm

Unbelievable. Nothing about John McCain at all...certainly a u-turn from the campaign he said he was going to run.
Wayne

Postby RD » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:27 pm

Wayne wrote:Unbelievable. Nothing about John McCain at all...certainly a u-turn from the campaign he said he was going to run.

It doesn't give McCain much crediblity about keeping his other campaign promises either.

It's amazing, isn't it? There are so many items on McCain's website attacking Obama. I can find nothing about McCain on Obama's website. That should tell us all something.
"If you think teachers are your enemy, you should probably reassess who you think your friends are." - Chris Larson
RD

Postby Michael Thompson » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:45 pm

Are you kidding me!!!

Was that really on McCain's site? Did they really produce that?
"I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it." Thomas Jefferson
Michael Thompson

Postby RD » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:56 pm

Michael Thompson wrote:Are you kidding me!!!

Was that really on McCain's site?

Yup. As of the time of this post, it's still the biggest thing on the front page of McCain's site. Insane, isn't it? Talk about desparation... McCain's done.
"If you think teachers are your enemy, you should probably reassess who you think your friends are." - Chris Larson
RD

Postby Jeannine Stergios » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:05 am

You guys are a hoot!

Show me the lies in that ad. I found it hilarious that this guy is so full of himself. :shock:
REPUBLICAN - BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE CAN BE ON WELFARE
Jeannine Stergios

Postby andysinnh » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:11 pm

Jeannine Stergios wrote:You guys are a hoot!

Show me the lies in that ad. I found it hilarious that this guy is so full of himself. :shock:

Who gives a hoot whether there are any "lies" in the ad. There aren't - just the chicken-scared mantra from the McCain camp that Obama's confidence should be turned into a weakness - and frankly that approach isn't gonna play in Peoria very well, where there actually ARE a lot of Joe, average americans. Unless you're wearing McCain underwear and are in the heads of his advisory group, I see nothing about that ad that would want me to vote for McCain. Oh, yea. Before I came to live in this great town of Merrimack, I was born in - gasp - Peoria, IL. Yep, just call me Joe average. 8)
Andy Schneider
andysinnh

Postby Jeannine Stergios » Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:58 pm

andysinnh

There aren't - just the chicken-scared mantra from the McCain camp that Obama's confidence should be turned into a weakness - and frankly that approach isn't gonna play in Peoria very well, where there actually ARE a lot of Joe, average americans.

They're scared? Obama has far more than confidence - it's called egomania. If the sound bites in that commercial haven't convinced you of that fact then I guess you should stop calling yourself anything other than a liberal at this point. I thought you were a Republican, so how does anything in Obama's plans agree with your principles?
Jeannine Stergios

Postby RD » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:31 pm

What does confidence and leadership have to do with whether one is a Republican or a Democrat?
RD

Postby Jeannine Stergios » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:38 pm

RD

What does confidence and leadership have to do with whether one is a Republican or a Democrat?

Huh? I think you misread what I said. Andy said the Republicans were scared and I said that Obama is an egomaniac. The statements made by Obama in that ad reinforce this idea.
Jeannine Stergios

Postby RD » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:43 pm

Obama is clearly a very strong leader. He's not even president yet, and he already has most of Europe and the Middle East agreeing with him. He even has the Iraqi Prime Minister agreeing with him on pulling out the troops.
RD

Postby Jeannine Stergios » Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:01 pm

Rd

Obama is clearly a very strong leader. He's not even president yet, and he already has most of Europe and the Middle East agreeing with him. He even has the Iraqi Prime Minister agreeing with him on pulling out the troops.

That isn't even true. This is a misquoted mistranslated story from Iraq. Do you think I care if Europe agrees with him? What is so great about europe that we need to imitate anyway?

http://www.newsweek.com/id/147993

Obama was wrong too. He wanted troops withdrawn by in 2007and now you claim he wants them out by the end of 2010.
and he was right all along. Have another cup of that Obama kool aid.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/11/20/ ... index.html

http://www.reuters.com/article/politics ... 1620070912

Despite being the subject that has drawn most attention, Mr Obama and Mr al-Maliki did not talk about a specific timetable during their closed-door meeting, according to Mr al-Dabbagh.

He said that such discussions should only take place between Baghdad and the US Administration.

In a flurry of meetings in tightly secured locations, Mr Obama and his entourage at one point drove out of the green zone to pay President Talabani a quick visit.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w ... 373602.ece
Jeannine Stergios

Postby TCF » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:05 pm

It came to pass, in the eighth year of the reign of the evil Bush the Younger (The Ignorant), when the whole land from the Arabian desert to the shores of the Great Lakes had been laid barren, that a Child appeared in the wilderness.

The Child was blessed in looks and intellect. Scion of a simple family, offspring of a miraculous union, grandson of a typical white person and an African peasant. And yea, as he grew, the Child walked in the path of righteousness, with only the occasional detour into the odd weed and a little blow.

When he was twelve years old, they found him in the temple in the City of Chicago, arguing the finer points of community organisation with the Prophet Jeremiah and the Elders. And the Elders were astonished at what they heard and said among themselves: ³Verily, who is this Child that he opens our hearts and minds to the audacity of hope?
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
TCF

Postby RBarnes » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:22 am

Of course Obama would NEVER make himself out to be "the one"... this is clearly right wing attacks without basis...

Or is it?

Clearly the imagery is there and as you can see by a number of magazine covers his side is sure playing it up.

But it could be worse...

$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found
RBarnes

Postby Michael Thompson » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:28 am

RBarnes wrote:Of course Obama would NEVER make himself out to be "the one"... this is clearly right wing attacks without basis...

Or is it?

Clearly the imagery is there and as you can see by a number of magazine covers his side is sure playing it up.

But it could be worse...

Rick,

Outside of the mags, which Obama isn't the one printing. Can you show me were Obama has used any of the pictures your reference?
"I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it." Thomas Jefferson
Michael Thompson

Next

Return to National Politics