The ever charming and responsive Carol Shea-Porter

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

The ever charming and responsive Carol Shea-Porter

Postby rowland » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:23 pm

Seen here engaging in a civil discussion about important issues with consulting economist Peter Bearse, Carol displays the courtesy and communication skills that have earned her the admiration of her constituents.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgEKRvCzERM

(BY VIEWER DEMAND: New, longer and more boring version! Hear Carol drone on and on and never give a straight answer to the question!)

Okay maybe not. But that's the way her supporters describe this sort of behavior on her part.
Last edited by rowland on Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical White Person
Documenting the fight for the New Hampshire way: http://nhcitizen.org/
rowland

Re: The ever charming and responsive Carol Shea-Porter

Postby RD » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:38 pm

This is a very good video. Congreswoman Shea-Porter began to give a very good answer, which is why the videographer cut off the video in the middle of her answer. The videographer tries, impotently, to support his position by scrolling nonsense over the video. Very sad.

I think Peter Bearse is a very good candidate. It's too bad he has people like Rowland ruining it for him.
"If you think teachers are your enemy, you should probably reassess who you think your friends are." - Chris Larson
RD

Postby Wayne » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:33 pm

I actually wasted my time watching this video - thankfully it was short. I failed to see any point at which Rep. Shea-Porter was evasive or rude. She did nothing more than repeat the question and start to answer, and then the videographer shut off the camera and scrolled his/her own biased text. I guess she gave a thoughtful response, and he didn't want us to see that. If she had slipped up, I'm sure we would have seen it. What's the point? I can only think of one word...OBSESSION. (BTW, isn't this the same person who would like to see Obama supporters run over by a bus?)
Wayne

Postby RBarnes » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:39 am

Rowland, this is one of the rare cases I find myself agreeing (somewhat) with RD and Wayne. This video isn't damning at all (unlike many of your others).

I don't see her as being rude. A bit curt maybe but nothing I would consider extreme. Also as RD pointed out, the video cuts out before it gives a chance to hear her full answer. This gives the viewer the impression that the person editing it wanted to hide her answer because it was actually good.

Lastly, you have to know your audience a little better. Pointing out that she votes 98% (as she corrected) in line with the democratic party to a room full of democrats is only going to get a shrug and a "Yeah, so?" response. Independents and Republicans may not view it as a good thing but as you well know, her audience is 99% democrats who eat up her every word.

My suggestion is stick to questions about her specific votes and views. When pressed to defend her extreme left of center views she falls flat 9 out of 10 times.
$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found
RBarnes

Postby rowland » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:48 am

RBarnes wrote:I don't see her as being rude. A bit curt maybe but nothing I would consider extreme. Also as RD pointed out, the video cuts out before it gives a chance to hear her full answer. This gives the viewer the impression that the person editing it wanted to hide her answer because it was actually good.

DOUBLE STANDARD. When I behave this way with provocation they call me rude.

You can't have it both ways. From now on no complaints about my videos being too long and boring.

I'm editing this one to make it longer. And I'm making a point of mentioning just who complained it was too short.
Typical White Person
rowland

Postby Wayne » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:05 pm

rowland wrote:From now on no complaints about my videos being too long and boring... And I'm making a point of mentioning just who complained it was too short.

Don't count me among those...

Wayne wrote:...thankfully it was short.

;-)
Wayne

Postby rowland » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:26 am

RD wrote:This is a very good video. Congreswoman Shea-Porter began to give a very good answer, which is why the videographer cut off the video in the middle of her answer. The videographer tries, impotently, to support his position by scrolling nonsense over the video. Very sad.

The new longer version proves just what a crock you are. She gave NO answer at all despite talking over seven minutes!

I forgot to give you credit for making me make the video longer and more boring. Are you happy now?

Don't ever try to call someone a liar when he's got a camcorder. A guy with a camcorder can prove YOU a liar any time he needs to.

Here's another burner on you: my camcorder may have crummy quality but it's easy to hide. So now that the Dems are refusing to allow citizens to document their so-called public events people like me will be able to circumvent their restrictions with ease. And they can take video with cell phones too!

(Cuts both ways, yes. Fergus is an idiot.)

Everybody get used to this because it's NOT going away:

http://concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll ... 322/NEWS97
Typical White Person
rowland

Return to State Politics