Choice in School Board election

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Re: Choice in School Board election

Postby Wayne » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:19 pm

Jeannine Stergios wrote:I watched it and the majority of people who spoke against the cut were school employees whose jobs were on the chopping block or their friend's jobs were being cut.

That's no surprise, but unless there were as many pro speakers as there were pro voters, there is no way to know if teachers represented a majority of the voting body.
Wayne

Postby Stan Heinrich » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:36 pm

Dennis, seeing as how YOU WEREN'T THERE, you could not see the whole room from a tv image. As I said in an earlier post, the vote was not even close, and if it was 60/40 as you claim that is not close either. As for a "secret ballot" it would not have made a difference. Those voting for the cut got to vote first and it was clear that there were not enough votes to cut the budget. The overwhelming majority of those present and voting said NO to the cut.

As for who to support in the school board election the choice is clear.

ROY SWONGER

He has already shown he can do the job, and speaks positively about our school district.

Have a great day.
Stan Heinrich

Postby RayWhipple » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:35 pm

Wayne wrote:
RayWhipple wrote:I can accept that the reason it was voted down was because of all teachers in the room.

Maybe you can, but you shouldn't. I have heard no proof that this was the case - it might be just an excuse for some people on this forum who don't like the way the vote went.

Sorry for the typo..I ment I can't accept the reasoning that it was voted down because of all the teacher in the room. I think the voters are better than that and more intelligent than that. Some people here quote "the will of the people", Well you saw it that night. Like it or not...that was the outcome. instead of making excuses lets find solutions. If you are against the budget, speak against it. Tell people to vote it down and send it back to the SB. Talk using merits of you arguments instead of basically telling people they were just coward in front of the teachers. We all have different beliefs. I would imagine some of you would label me as a "rhino" because some of my beliefs are not what you think they should be for a republican. I am just really tired of all the labels and crap form both major parties and all the bickering and evil stuff going on in politics today. We cant go back in time. We cant treat the country like it was in the day of our forefathers. We live in a different time with a lot of different problems.
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves. " ~President Ronald Reagan.

http://www.newt.org/
RayWhipple

Postby Jeannine Stergios » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:48 pm

Stan

As for who to support in the school board election the choice is clear.

ROY SWONGER

He has already shown he can do the job, and speaks positively about our school district.

Not sure that will help sway many conservatives if you're supporting Roy. I happen to think Roy is a positive force on the SB but speaking positively about our school district doesn't make him a good candidate.
REPUBLICAN - BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE CAN BE ON WELFARE
Jeannine Stergios

Previous

Return to School Topics