Merrimack’s assessment scores up 25%

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Re: Merrimack’s assessment scores up 25%

Postby Debra Huffman » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:26 pm

I hope someone with more knowledge can post more detail, but the NAEP scores I referred to earlier show that in 2009, for Grades 12, 8 and 4 Mathematics, the only state in the US that scored higher than NH was Massachusetts. I wish we knew how Merrimack scored, but I can't find this level of detail. I also can't find any TIMSS scores specific to Merrimack and/or NH.

These figures are important, and our community should be proud of them. It would be good if Mr. Berry could write an article explaining these national and international test scores.
Debra Huffman

Re: Merrimack’s assessment scores up 25%

Postby joeteacher73 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:42 am

PS: I'd like to be sure we don't miss this line from the article: "More than 80 percent of Merrimack students are going on to college, Johnson said, and the school has a state champion science team and a nationally competitive alternative energy team." That's some good stuff.

Your post brings up a very interesting question. With 80% or more of our students going on to college, I wonder how many are completing their studies and earning a degree? At the University of New Hampshire, 2009 data states that the Four-year graduation rate is only 51.9%. It would be very helpful in judging our schools if they could provide longitudinal achievement data for our students so we could see how well they are being educated at MHS.
joeteacher73

Previous

Return to School Topics