Chinese exchange program

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Chinese exchange program

Postby ragin cajun » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:09 pm

Man, I wish they had this when I went to school. Scope it out here:

http://cabinet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/articl ... 9147194884

A tentative schedule of what the kids and teachers from China will do in and around Merrimack is also available at:

http://cabinet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/articl ... G/70803052
ragin cajun

Re: Chinese exchange program

Postby Tom Williams » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:02 pm

There is a separate program, Peoplelink, which has 15 Chinese exchange students in Merrimack for 3 weeks, ending tomorrow. Two of them are staying with us.
Tom Williams
"Treating businesses and affluent people as prey, rather than assets, often pays off politically in the short run-- and elections are held in the short run." -- Thomas Sowell
Tom Williams

Postby ragin cajun » Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:08 pm

That's great, Tom. Are you thinking about being a host family when the Chinese school comes to town this fall? It appears MHS is looking for both families and financial sponsors right now.
ragin cajun

Postby Tom Williams » Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:05 pm

Not sure if we will be ready to be hosts again so soon, but I am very interested in the program. I am a frequent visitor to China, and I have been to Tianjin province and Tanggu many times. My company opened a factory in Tanggu, which I visit several times per year.
Tom Williams
"Treating businesses and affluent people as prey, rather than assets, often pays off politically in the short run-- and elections are held in the short run." -- Thomas Sowell
Tom Williams

Return to School Topics