Tutoring

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Tutoring

Postby Scott Kepnes » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:35 pm

We are looking for someone to do some tutoring with my son whose going into second grade. Something for the rest of the summer to help him keep fresh with his skills in reading and math. We've tried but haven't found anyone yet. I looked into Sylvan Learning Center, but I dont know that we'd use them right now. If anyone has any referrels or knows anyone that tutors this age please post or PM me. If anyone has had experiences with Sylvan they want to share I'd be interested in that too.
Thanks,
Scott
Scott Kepnes

Re: Tutoring

Postby lynn » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:02 am

try calling the school district 424-6200
I'd lay odds they have a list of people.
lynn

Postby mmoy » Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:11 pm

I recall giving the kids consumable Scott Foresman Exploring Mathematics books when they were at that grade level. I think that they went through them in one to three months. It might be fun to just go through a consumable textbook with him if you have the time and inclination.

You might try something like Singapore Math Grade 1 (their stuff is harder than the stuff over here) for problem-solvin
mmoy

Postby RBarnes » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:24 am

Some churches have people who tutor the kids. I'm not sure about the ones up here though but in NY I know they would do that in order to raise extra money for youth programs.
$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found
RBarnes

Return to School Topics