restored jobs?

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Postby Kathy » Mon May 21, 2007 8:54 am

I don't feel uncomfortable posting on this forum. I just believe it's a waste of time to try and have a civil discussion about anything that doesn't jive with the select few who believe their opinions are the only ones that matter, because if you don't...you are wrong and will be belittled until no matter what you say you are a liberal. I can have much more pleasant conversations after church or at a sporting event with people who I can see and may actually have an opinion that could change mine because it's not shoved down my throat.

This forum is very useful to find out things like where to get propane now that Hammar is closing, where to get ice skates sharpened (thanks again Linda), and other tidbits of town knowledge. I don't care what the spinmasters think of town, national, or any issues. For years I've read frustrated posters get goaded into useless banter that soon turns hostile and insulting. What's the use?

So I wouldn't say it's "uncomfortable", rather that it is pointless. Just look how many are registered for this forum and how many participate. I vote and that is much more powerful.
Just my opinion.
Kathy
Kathy

Postby andysinnh » Mon May 21, 2007 9:35 am

Kathy wrote:I don't feel uncomfortable posting on this forum. I just believe it's a waste of time to try and have a civil discussion about anything that doesn't jive with the select few who believe their opinions are the only ones that matter, because if you don't...you are wrong and will be belittled until no matter what you say you are a liberal. I can have much more pleasant conversations after church or at a sporting event with people who I can see and may actually have an opinion that could change mine because it's not shoved down my throat.

This forum is very useful to find out things like where to get propane now that Hammar is closing, where to get ice skates sharpened (thanks again Linda), and other tidbits of town knowledge. I don't care what the spinmasters think of town, national, or any issues. For years I've read frustrated posters get goaded into useless banter that soon turns hostile and insulting. What's the use?

So I wouldn't say it's "uncomfortable", rather that it is pointless. Just look how many are registered for this forum and how many participate. I vote and that is much more powerful.
Just my opinion.
Kathy

Kathy - you have hit the nail on the perverbial head with this post. :D

andy
Andy Schneider
andysinnh

Previous

Return to School Topics