3%
Jenn Tw.
3%
Someone else
26%

Total votes : 34

Who would you pick?

Postby RBarnes » Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:54 pm

Thought I'd put this up for interesting discussion for insights into next year.
$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found
RBarnes

Postby joe179 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:30 pm

Rick,

Can we assume that you're doing pushups in preparation for next years School Board campaign?
joe179

Re: Who would you pick?

Postby Confucius » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:03 pm

RBarnes wrote:Thought I'd put this up for interesting discussion for insights into next year.

If you distance yourself from those MC goofs, you'd stand a better of winning. Here's an added tip: Don't talk about closing schools. It would only make you look like an ignorant bumpkin. Also, avoid McCray photo-ops. He appears to be the kiss of death.
My font > yours.
Confucius

Postby Loweresttaxes » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:11 pm

Damn selfish parents.
"AS FAR AS I'VE SEEN, HIS [Mahmoud Ahmadinejad] ONLY BITCH IS OUR DESIRE TO PREVENT HIS COUNTRY DEVELOPING NUCLEAR POWER." -Fitsy
Loweresttaxes

Postby Confucius » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:15 pm

One more thing. Don't let yourself be deluded into thinking that the election results would have been significantly different had 15,000 people voted. People aren't as stupid as MC thinks they are. Most people are like you and me, moderate.
My font > yours.
Confucius

Postby Gina Rosati » Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:16 pm

RBarnes wrote:Thought I'd put this up for interesting discussion for insights into next year.

Rick, my kids are very disappointed ... they liked the other kitty much better :D
Gina Rosati

Postby Ken Coleman » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:11 pm

Thank you for my votes in this poll. I was on the board for 14 years and the School Board today is in good hands. I do not believe I will be running for School Board next year.

Ken Coleman
Ken Coleman

Postby Andy Sylvia » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:46 am

joe179 wrote:Rick,

Can we assume that you're doing pushups in preparation for next years School Board campaign?

Nah, I bet he's just trying to get in shape for his photo shoot with Cat Fancier magazine 8)
Andy Sylvia

Postby RBarnes » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:52 am

joe179 wrote:Rick,

No, I picked everyone who's not currently on the school board who ran last year, this year or who is up next year. It had nothing to do with my intentions to run or not.
$DO || ! $DO ; try
RBarnes

Postby RBarnes » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:57 am

Gina Rosati wrote:Rick, my kids are very disappointed ... they liked the other kitty much better :D

My wife doesn't like this cat either. She said it looks like it's in pain.

I'll have to dig around for something else.
$DO || ! $DO ; try
RBarnes

Postby Tom Williams » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:36 am

Here's a thought - look for something other than a cat.
Tom Williams
"Treating businesses and affluent people as prey, rather than assets, often pays off politically in the short run-- and elections are held in the short run." -- Thomas Sowell
Tom Williams

Postby JMac1000 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:38 am

I agree Tom. Rick does not seem like a kitten kind of guy, and I was sort of wondering the same thing :o

Ken, it looks like you are doing pretty well with this poll. I agree the school board is in good hands. Perhaps some people are finally realizing that you were just one individual on that prior school board, and you were not even the biggest spender out of the group. Powell and Denton were much bigger spenders, and I am sorry that you are taking all the blame for the others for the steep rise in the school budget, much of which was out of your hands. There are some mean sprited people out there, and I think its unfortunate that as a very good, unselfish individual. you put in such a long amount of years of public service, and so many people take issue with you solely due to ideology. There are some that seem to think you were the only individual on the board. Furthermore it was Powell and Denton that were the liberal wing of the board, and you were a moderate. Some of the electorate realized that, as if you recall, Markwell put his name in at the very end of the election, as a virtual unknown, and still won a seat over the whatever sittting member.
JMac1000

Postby Pat Heinrich » Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:27 pm

Actually, in 2005 George ran against Davis for Pat McGrath's seat when Pat declined to run for re-election. That same year, Dave Denton ran unopposed for the one year remaining on the seat that Rosemarie Rung vacated when she resigned. (Davis was appointed to fill that seat until the election.) And BTW: George had run for Budget Committee in 2004.
Pat Heinrich

Postby RBarnes » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:15 pm

Tom Williams wrote:Here's a thought - look for something other than a cat.

How about a frog :wink:
$DO || ! $DO ; try
RBarnes

Postby Confucius » Sat Apr 14, 2007 4:12 pm

RBarnes wrote:
Tom Williams wrote:Here's a thought - look for something other than a cat.

How about a frog :wink:

I want to know what that cat was listening to? Greatful Dead?
My font > yours.
Confucius

Next

Return to School Topics