Thanks from Chris Ortega

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Thanks from Chris Ortega

Postby chrisorteg » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:47 pm

I submitted the following to the local papers today...

Thank you.

I want to thank the voters of Merrimack for electing me on April 10th to the School Budget Committee. I am honored and humbled by the responsibility entrusted to me, as the taxpayers’ eyes and ears, in reviewing school budgets to ensure their tax dollars are being spent prudently. In this spirit I will work diligently, professionally, collegially, and with an open mind in my duties.

On Election Day, I had the opportunity to meet and converse with many from our town who were coming in to cast their votes. Some asked me questions to determine whether to give me their vote, while some simply shared their personal situations and concerns. I had the opportunity to speak to parents concerned about their children’s or grandchildren’s education and also to widows worried about meeting their tax bills and medical payments on a fixed income. Every conversation was informative, enlightening, and important to me in my ability to now represent the taxpayers – all of you; those who voted for me, those who did not, and those who didn’t vote at all.

I look forward to working for you on the Budget Committee and to speaking with you about your concerns. I invite you to e-mail me at mailto:Christopher.S.Ortega@bc.edu or to call me at 429-1662. I thank you again for the humbling honor of representing you.
Christopher S. Ortega
chrisorteg

Postby Andy Sylvia » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:51 pm

When's the celebration party with the tacos? :wink:
Andy Sylvia

Postby chrisorteg » Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:17 pm

Hadn't thought of it, but it sounds good as long as there are Margaritas too!
Christopher S. Ortega
chrisorteg

Return to School Topics