Honeywell

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Postby Gina Rosati » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:09 pm

I hadn't visited MerrimackVotes.org for a while, so I had to check out the latest information added.

I have to tell you, Brian, you did an absolutely fantastic job on the website. Thanks for spending so much of your time posting all of that information - it is VERY helpful!!
Gina Rosati

Postby Wayne » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:05 pm

uscitizen03054 wrote:
It's this same attitude that is causing Deb problems with her questions about Everyday Math. She's asking questions and instead of it being listened to and looked into, she's getting we're doing ok in math so we don't have a problem. So we shouldn't raise discussions to see if something can be done better?

I have examined the mathematics thread on this forum and you appear to be correct with your statement that many taxpayer questions are not being addressed in a direct and timely fashion. This is one of the reasons I am leaning towards seeing new faces on the school board.

Thank you for introducing the math thread into this totally unrelated topic. Talk about trying to change the subject... :roll:

But I love how you mention that "many taxpayer questions are not being addressed in a direct and timely fashion" and use that as the reason you'd support "new faces on the school board" - new faces that won't directly tell us a thing! I think you've pointed out the reason they should receive ZERO votes. :wink:
Wayne

Postby Loweresttaxes » Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:10 pm

Well they got one vote - make that two cuz I'm bringing my wife this time.
"AS FAR AS I'VE SEEN, HIS [Mahmoud Ahmadinejad] ONLY BITCH IS OUR DESIRE TO PREVENT HIS COUNTRY DEVELOPING NUCLEAR POWER." -Fitsy
Loweresttaxes

Postby Wayne » Thu Apr 05, 2007 6:08 pm

andysinnh wrote:As I stated in an earlier thread, MC sent out a letter about voting guidelines, and one of the subjects was the Honeywell contract. The information she states is just SO misleading, I took the time to talk to some folks who are familiar with the agreement to get the information straight. Below are specific quotes from the MC letter, and below each is a clarifying statement on each one:

I'm curious, Andy, how is it that you can get all this information so easily, while a School Board candidate can get it so wrong? Do you think she doesn't understand the proposal, or is she intentionally trying to mislead her followers? The emails are an indication that JT is trying to get the word out, but I'm disappointed she is only trying to get it out to known supporters and ignoring the rest of Merrimack's voters. I don't think much of a campaign that tries to get votes by NOT giving details of their platform. Judging by the support the SB budget got, I think the challengers better come up with a new tactic, and quick.
Wayne

Postby uscitizen03054 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:03 pm

Wayne wrote:
andysinnh wrote:As I stated in an earlier thread, MC sent out a letter about voting guidelines, and one of the subjects was the Honeywell contract. The information she states is just SO misleading, I took the time to talk to some folks who are familiar with the agreement to get the information straight. Below are specific quotes from the MC letter, and below each is a clarifying statement on each one:

I'm curious, Andy, how is it that you can get all this information so easily, while a School Board candidate can get it so wrong? Do you think she doesn't understand the proposal, or is she intentionally trying to mislead her followers? The emails are an indication that JT is trying to get the word out, but I'm disappointed she is only trying to get it out to known supporters and ignoring the rest of Merrimack's voters. I don't think much of a campaign that tries to get votes by NOT giving details of their platform. Judging by the support the SB budget got, I think the challengers better come up with a new tactic, and quick.

Guys we need to stay focused on the real issues here. This little summary is what really what this election should be all about.

NECAP 2006-2007 in terms of Merrimack's scores in relation to other area schools. This can help taxpayers see what they are receiving for their tax $s.

Reading Aggregate

Amherst Bedford Bow ConVal Hollis/Brookline Merrimack Milford Mont Vernon Nashua Oyster River

% Proficient and above

83% 89% 82% 73% 84% 79% 75% 79% 69% 84%

Math Aggregate

Amherst Bedford Bow ConVal Hollis / Brookline Merrimack Milford Mont Vernon Nashua Oyster River

% Proficient and above

80% 86% 79% 63% 86% 71% 70% 66% 67% 79%

Writing Aggregate

Amherst Bedford Bow ConVal Hollis / Brookline Merrimack Milford Mont Vernon Nashua Oyster River

% Proficient and above

57% 65% 68% 48% 67% 42% 56% 30% 49% 53%
uscitizen03054

Postby GregRS » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:23 pm

uscitizen03054 wrote:
Guys we need to stay focused on the real issues here. This little summary is what really what this election should be all about.

NECAP 2006-2007 in terms of Merrimack's scores in relation to other area schools. This can help taxpayers see what they are receiving for their tax $s.

Reading Aggregate

Amherst Bedford Bow ConVal Hollis/Brookline Merrimack Milford Mont Vernon Nashua Oyster River

% Proficient and above

83% 89% 82% 73% 84% 79% 75% 79% 69% 84%

Math Aggregate

% Proficient and above

80% 86% 79% 63% 86% 71% 70% 66% 67% 79%

Writing Aggregate

% Proficient and above

57% 65% 68% 48% 67% 42% 56% 30% 49% 53%

It is your post that is off-base, Mr. A. This is a Honeywell thread, and JT is showing her lack of research and understanding on this issue. Go ahead and change the subject, but the bottom line is that she doesn't have a clue.

If you really want a rebuttal to your post, I suggest starting a new thread.
GregRS

Postby andysinnh » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:30 pm

Wayne wrote:I'm curious, Andy, how is it that you can get all this information so easily, while a School Board candidate can get it so wrong? Do you think she doesn't understand the proposal, or is she intentionally trying to mislead her followers? The emails are an indication that JT is trying to get the word out, but I'm disappointed she is only trying to get it out to known supporters and ignoring the rest of Merrimack's voters. I don't think much of a campaign that tries to get votes by NOT giving details of their platform. Judging by the support the SB budget got, I think the challengers better come up with a new tactic, and quick.

Wayne - So here's what I did. Several weeks ago, I heard about the Honeywell agreement, with it's concept of "zero cost" model (cost of agreement equals savings in energy, with guaranteed make-up of any delta). I asked one of the SB members if I could look at the agreement, and I was able to sit in front of it for about an hour. I was told that any resident was more than welcome to look it over.

In that hour, I was able to see all of the benefits it would bring - an extremely detailed review of each building, specific changes with specific savings/benefits, and the places where our buildings would be improved in terms of air quality and safety of some very old machinery. The summary of the costs were listed (the same ones shown at the DS). And then I had a couple other questions, so I sent mail to Matt Shevenell (sp?) at the school district and he quickly answered my other questions. That's how I understood what it provided, and how I based my support.

In my opinion, I can't see how anyone who reviews this document, and has kids at our schools and/or is a taxpayer, would ever say NO to this article. Since we pay nothing extra over the term of the agreement, and since after it's done, we're in the upside to the tune of over $200k per year (and even more depending on the cost of energy), this is precisely the type of long term, sustainable savings we SHOULD be looking for. I can't say why they're giving this inaccurate info. I'm puzzled, to be honest.

andy
Andy Schneider
andysinnh

Postby uscitizen03054 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:32 pm

It is your post that is off-base, Mr. A. This is a Honeywell thread, and JT is showing her lack of research and understanding on this issue. Go ahead and change the subject, but the bottom line is that she doesn't have a clue.

If you really want a rebuttal to your post, I suggest starting a new thread.

Greg I guess you caught me. However, I still think academic results matter. No more test scores on the Honeywell thread I promise.
uscitizen03054

Postby Wayne » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:15 pm

Andy,

Sure hope we get you, and more people like you, on the BC this time around. We really need people who can research facts and apply logic to their thought process.
Wayne

Postby Loweresttaxes » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:45 pm

no. we need people to reduce spending.
"AS FAR AS I'VE SEEN, HIS [Mahmoud Ahmadinejad] ONLY BITCH IS OUR DESIRE TO PREVENT HIS COUNTRY DEVELOPING NUCLEAR POWER." -Fitsy
Loweresttaxes

Postby andysinnh » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:06 pm

Loweresttaxes wrote:no. we need people to reduce spending.

So, let's see. Working with the SB and administration on coming up with ideas that can whack a couple hundred grand off the expense line annually isn't reducing spending, but coming up with ideas to get rid of a janitor or assitant librarian IS??? :shock:
Andy Schneider
andysinnh

Previous

Return to School Topics