School Board Elections

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Postby Jeannine Stergios » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:49 am

Rick

Let's not forget who contacted Mother Jones with this information. :shock:

Unbelievable.

Outside in the parking lot, while the anti-gay measure is being debated, a somber crowd assembles around a pickup truck set up like a stage. Former school board member Chuck Mower stands in the pickup, surveying the dozens of candles held by the crowd. Mower, a stocky, bearded man of 46, allowed another progressive candidate to replace him on the school board earlier this year after he became exhausted by the creationism battle.

Ever since the Christian right chose Merrimack for its test market, the lives of those committed to an ethic of civic responsibility have been forever changed. The effort to turn back the right demands a near full-time commitment, depleting incomes and straining family ties.

Tonight Mower is about to declare his candidacy for next spring's school board elections, something he's still not sure he wants to do. Really, he tells the reporter, he'd rather get back to his business of making Windsor chairs, which he crafts in the barn of the house where he grew up, a 200-year-old homestead where he now raises his own family.

But the times won't wait, so, after telling a story about how his experience as a member of the multi-ethnic troops that braved the jungles of Vietnam steeled him against the forces of intolerance, he throws his hat into the three-ring circus of Merrimack's national politics.
REPUBLICAN - BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE CAN BE ON WELFARE
Jeannine Stergios

Postby Fitzy » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:54 am

Fitzy wrote:Jeannine,

I have no idea who BB is, but can I ask you one simple question?

Why is it that you take offense ONLY when someone who you share political philosophies with gets attacked by an anonymous poster? You've sat back and watched, and many times even [b]defended
anonymous posters who do the same thing every election cycle. The onl difference is they do it to people you don't agree with politically. You think there aren't "two sides" to EVERY character assasination??

Be consistent Jeannine
[/b].

So what's it gonna be Jeannine? Is this about Chuck Mower or anonymous character attacks?

Be consistent Jeannine.
It's better to be discontent with knowledge than happy due to ignorance
Fitzy

Postby Jeannine Stergios » Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:10 pm

Fitzy

Once again I am forced to ask you why you are meddling in Merrimack town affairs? How long has it been now since you got all huffy and moved to Nashua? Four years?

Also you should point out to me who has performed character assassinations on people based on 12 year old information about their mother-in-law
:shock:
Jeannine Stergios

Postby Fitzy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:37 am

Once again I am forced to ask you why you are meddling in Merrimack town affairs

Why, because the question makes you uncomfortable?? I haven't seen you defend Ken from anonymous attacks.

OK Jeannine, I accept you being a hypocrit..........and you'll be one no matter where I live.
Fitzy

Postby Jeannine Stergios » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:19 am

Fitzy

Your accusations are getting tiresome.

I have no idea what your point is other than your usual name calling.
Jeannine Stergios

Postby Fitzy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:51 am

I thought I made my point clear enough.

You went ballistic when you thought an anon attacked Chris Ager's character. I asked if you also feel the same way when Ken Coleman is attacked by an anon.

Your answer was.........that I live in Nashua.

You made my point for me Jeannine. Thanks.
Fitzy

Previous

Return to School Topics