Can't watch Deliberative Session

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Can't watch Deliberative Session

Postby Mike Ruggiero » Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:26 pm

Unbelievable!

When you need Adelphia the most, it doesn't work! Channel 20 is cutting out!

You are right Dave McCray. Stay on them!
Mike Ruggiero

Postby Wayne » Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:42 pm

If you bypass your digital cable box, you can almost sort of see it. :lol: :roll: :lol:
Wayne

Postby Nat Fairbanks » Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:28 pm

I was watching the DS on analog cable, and at about 7:15 it totally cut out on me so I was forced to attend in person. After the DS ended I spoke with Heather Anderson about the problem. She placed the blame squarely at Adelphia's feet and even though I'm not a cable TV expert I believe and agree with her assesment of the problem.

Previously Adelphia had been blaming the sync problems on the analog cameras the town was using. This time they used digital cameras to bypass the supposed problem, but it still cropped up.

I have kept Adelphia service until now because they do carry the town channels plus NECN, which Direct TV does not carry. If Adelphia can not maintain adequate service of the town channels there is no reason left for me to keep paying more for bad service. Direct TV costs less, withough even factoring in the reduced price for Tivo! I'm noticing more and more dishes as I walk through my neighborhood, this will just be one more.

I feel really bad for those people who live too far from a central office to get DSL. I can't imagine being locked into Adelphia for high speed internet.

-Nat
Nat Fairbanks

Lousy

Postby Jeannine Stergios » Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:52 pm

What poor service!! I kept hanging in there - but could only hear about every other word being said. I did get to see that Article 15 was amended to everyone's satisfaction - glad that one is finally over.

Dave McCray - give 'em hell with their blasted cable.
REPUBLICAN - BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE CAN BE ON WELFARE
Jeannine Stergios

Postby RD » Wed Mar 03, 2004 8:46 am

Nat Fairbanks wrote:I feel really bad for those people who live too far from a central office to get DSL. I can't imagine being locked into Adelphia for high speed internet.

DirecTV actually offers a couple of internet options. They offer satellite internet access, but I think this option is quite expensive. They also offer a service to access the internet on your TV. I don't know much about this service, but information on both services can be found at:

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/imagine/I ... Access.dsp

By the way, I have no interest in promoting DirecTV, I'm just posting for informational purposes.
RD

Return to Cable, Library, Tolls & Water