Martha Wagner

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Martha Wagner

Postby RBarnes » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:50 am

Very sad news this week.
http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/obituari ... agner.html

I had the chance to work with Martha on one of the committees I served on, she was a wonderful woman. Always cheerful and pleasant. Our town lost a really good person with Martha's passing.
$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found
RBarnes

Re: Martha Wagner

Postby Pat McGrath » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:02 pm

Rick:

Thanks for your posting. Martha as some will recall was determined to be elected as a Trustee and then proceeded once elected, to drive to the goal. She was a Trustee who was "always all in" when it came to the Library, what it was and what it could be. She remained active in the process of helping to identify candidates for the Library Director position up through 2 weeks ago. Within a month of being elected she was found to have melanoma and for most of the meetings she attended or when she appeared in front of the Town Council in support of the Library Budget, she was receiving chemotherapy.

Truly, Martha was not only bright and effervescent, she also put the needs of so many in front of her own because that was the way she was built. I doubt you and I Rick will find another person with the blend of her talents, brains, guts and determination any time soon.

Pat McGrath
Pat McGrath

Return to Cable, Library, Tolls & Water