comcast halloween outage

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

comcast halloween outage

Postby empty wallet » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:58 am

My comcast cable went out October 29, 2011 and was not restored til November 7th. i awaited any kind of message in my comcast bill about a refund or credit for this period. After no action was taken, no info given or direction to identify this in any way and resolve it i called this morning. After 4 calls finally got a person in the local call center who informed me that if i had not called by nov 29th no action would be taken and i was due no credit or refund. The billing statement states on the front page that any billing disputes must be received within 6 months. i was told this did not apply to this situation. So comcast is keeping all our credits and refunds unless we contacted them by nov 29th. After some research on the internet i came across a complaint chat from others with problems with comcast underhanded deceitful business practices. After a 3 minute chat with the complaint chat my credit is being processed and will appear in my next bill, so for any of you wondering where your credit is from comcast for this outage , here it is . You will have to provide your acct number your address your home phone last for ss etc... for their security purposes once the chat starts . https://www.comcastsupport.com/chatentry : also the dates of the outage vary by section of town but mine were october 29th thru november 7th 2011 . i hope this helps anyone due a credit, mine was almot 40$ and i have signed up for another service which wil be installed monday morning . Maybe i'll check back in to this forum and let people know how the new service is, good luck. I'm happy i won't have to deal with their constant changes in price, their changing the channel lineup every thirty seconds. and removing of channels from one tier to another . Bye comcrap and your billing into xfinity.
Last edited by empty wallet on Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If Thomas Jefferson thought taxation without representation was bad, he should see how it is with representation.
-- Rush Limbaugh

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.--George Bernard Shaw
empty wallet

Re: comcast halloween outage

Postby TonyRichardson » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:49 am

Wall O' Text seriously needs some punctuation and paragraph breaks.
Liberalism - What happens when emotional reactions are confused with and substituted for facts and reason.
TonyRichardson

Postby Linda Nickerson » Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:08 pm

Totally off topic but years ago I set my elderly aunt up with Email and she thought that she could just type like this.....iamlindasauntinnewyork....and she thought "it" would know where the spaces and punctuation marks should go.....made her emails interesting to read....
Linda Nickerson

Postby Speeder » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:26 pm

I got my credit in December, after it was clear they weren't going to automatically put a credit on my bill. I was out for four complete days. When I told the woman that I was out for four days after the storm, she replied "Well, unfortunately most people weren't able to use our service because they had no power." I said "I have a generator, and had no cable service for four days." She immediately gave me the credit for those days, it was about $20 or so.

A couple days later I switched to DirectTv, called Comcast back and cancelled. Good riddance!
Speeder

Return to Cable, Library, Tolls & Water