Blasting

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Blasting

Postby tim dutton » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:59 am

Well, I guess someone was wrong when during the planning process there were several statements regarding sound and vibrations. If I recall, we were told that sound and vibrations would be minimal. Have we reached that point? Or, are they still trying to figure out the engineering of the site?

If the blasting company was so confident in their blasting process, they should have agreed to halt blasting until repairs are made to private properties. Oh wait, the cracks are from the houses settling due to age and being winter, drying out.

All through the planning process Chelsea stated that they were going to be great neighbors and an asset to the town. Chelsea can start now by being proactive in pushing the blasting company (Maine Drilling and Blasting) for quick investigations and repairs to homes are handled quickly.
tim dutton

Re: Blasting

Postby andysinnh » Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:26 am

If this were me, I'd be keeping detailed records of the damage as it occurs, following the notification process as described - but I would NOT want any repairs made until the blasting activities are completed, since it's very likely that they could continue to occur during the process. Could make a stressful situation moreso with repeated repair visits. At least that'd be my approach.... And I would keep the builder and town to their word on the process, btw. I applaud the abutters for not keeping quiet when they see something happen, and using the proper notification process.

andy
Andy Schneider
andysinnh

Re: Blasting

Postby tim dutton » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:41 am

Moved to general Town Issues.

Tim
tim dutton

Return to Cable, Library, Tolls & Water