Verizon FiOS Coming?

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Re: Verizon FiOS Coming?

Postby Brian McCarthy » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:08 pm

Don't know - but I think they lease the polls from PSNH - wonder if they have they ok to put signs on them :-)

They were thinking about doing the town up several years ago (when it was Verizon) but pulled out pretty quickly.

russrenshaw wrote:My dogs and I were driving back from the Transfer Station the other day and I noticed small signs tack on telephone polls that stated, "Verizon FiOS now in this area".

All along D.W. Highway they're hanging new lines from the telephone polls and have been moving down the street over the past couple of weeks.

I am I wrong in putting 1 and 1 together, but are we finally getting FiOS in the area and actually have viable competition to Comcast? Or am Iwildly misinformed and really jumping the gun with my assertions?

Does any one know anything on either of these two fronts? The FiOS signs and the telephone poll work?

~ Russ
Brian McCarthy

Postby Speeder » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:43 pm

Some competition would be nice. I can't even get DSL where I am, off Peaslee Rd. It's Comcast (or Xfinity, or whatever they rebadged themselves as this month) or nothing for me.

Postby tastyratz » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:21 pm

it wont be verizon, it might be fairpoint. Verizon sold most of their new england operation to fairpoint maybe 2 years back. After needing the fcc, puc, bbb, and attorney general to cancel the miserable service they charged me for and never provided I would never open a line up to them again!

Return to Cable, Library, Tolls & Water