Home Phone Service

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Re: Home Phone Service

Postby MissyB » Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:41 pm

Thanks for all the great suggestions. Now I have my work cut out for me.
MissyB
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: Home Phone Service

Postby Tom Williams » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:31 pm

We also had great service from Vonage, no problems with sound quality.

I learned a lot about VOIP sound quality when we recently switched our ISP away from Comcast. I think that 95% of VOIP sound quality problems are low bandwidth, usually upload, and the other 5% are latency. Look up the requirements for these on the internet, then check your internet connection to make sure it is OK. If you are on Comcast cable internet, it will probably be fine.
Tom Williams
"Treating businesses and affluent people as prey, rather than assets, often pays off politically in the short run-- and elections are held in the short run." -- Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Tom Williams
 
Posts: 1031
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2003 7:42 pm
Location: Merrimack, NH & Dunwoody, GA

Re: Home Phone Service

Postby Tom Williams » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:31 pm

[ duplicate ]
Tom Williams
"Treating businesses and affluent people as prey, rather than assets, often pays off politically in the short run-- and elections are held in the short run." -- Thomas Sowell
User avatar
Tom Williams
 
Posts: 1031
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2003 7:42 pm
Location: Merrimack, NH & Dunwoody, GA

Previous

Return to Cable, Library, Tolls & Water

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron