Closest Comcast Location

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Closest Comcast Location

Postby Tom Surette » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:07 am

My cable box is acting funny and needs to be exchanged. Where is the closest Comcast location to get a new box?
Tom Surette

Re: Closest Comcast Location

Postby andysinnh » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:29 am

Nashua - route 101A - same corner as Country Tavern restaurant - that business-style complex on that same side of 101A - has a medical office in the front part- it's in the back section of that small complex.

andy
Andy Schneider
andysinnh

Postby sabrina » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:20 pm

Not for Merrimack, right in the same plaza as Billy's pizza...That is the closest.
sabrina

Postby lynn » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:18 pm

that location has been closed for a long time

When my box went, I told them since their equipment was bad they could send someone to
swap it at my house - they did
lynn

Postby chrisorteg » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:48 am

I had a Comcast rep on the phone send me to Bedford. Turns out they have a marketing office there. That's not of much help though!!! :shock:

After a frustrating afternoon of driving around I wound up at the Nashua 101A service center. Be prepared for lines if you go on a weekend. It took me about 30 minutes to get through the line there a few Saturdays ago.
Christopher S. Ortega
chrisorteg

Postby sabrina » Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:36 am

lynn wrote:that location has been closed for a long time

When my box went, I told them since their equipment was bad they could send someone to

No it isn't, there is a woman I know that works there! It is open!
sabrina

Postby andysinnh » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:19 am

sabrina wrote:
lynn wrote:that location has been closed for a long time

No it isn't, there is a woman I know that works there! It is open!

Sabrina - Comcast closed their customer service office in Merrimack probably 6 months ago. If you go to the strip mall where it used to be, you'll find the sign gone, doors locked, etc. If someone is working in that building, they're doing so behind closed doors and not in a customer service mode. The closest office for things like boxes, modems, remotes, etc is the 101A building. I believe there was information to this regard in a bill last summer notifying us of the change...

andy
Andy Schneider
andysinnh

Postby RBarnes » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:20 am

Under the contract the town had with Adelphia they had to have an office somewhere in Merrimack. When did they change that and why did the town allowed that clause to be taken out?
$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found
RBarnes

Postby sabrina » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:38 am

RBarnes wrote:Under the contract the town had with Adelphia they had to have an office somewhere in Merrimack. When did they change that and why did the town allowed that clause to be taken out?

I am telling you it is there, I was there within the last 6 months!
sabrina

Postby chrisorteg » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:49 am

One way to put this to rest is to post a dated picture of yourself in front of the store.....
:D
Christopher S. Ortega
chrisorteg

Postby Nat Fairbanks » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:19 am

RBarnes wrote:Under the contract the town had with Adelphia they had to have an office somewhere in Merrimack. When did they change that and why did the town allowed that clause to be taken out?

As far as I know the contract changed during the last renegotiation, I think earlier this year. I heard that Comcast was unwilling to maintain an office in town unless rates went up by a larger amount than they did. The site in town closed shortly thereafter, sometime this summer if I recall correctly. Both were mentioned on this forum at the time.

-Nat
Nat Fairbanks

Postby Jeannine Stergios » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:25 pm

Back in August my brother went to the Merrimack Comast office to exchange his broken box and the place was closed up. I remember him mentioning it to me at the time because he was complaining about how he had to go to Nashua instead.
REPUBLICAN - BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE CAN BE ON WELFARE
Jeannine Stergios

Postby WIZ » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:53 am

Comcast no longer has an office in Merrimack. But I believe that if you look at your bill closely, it does include the "old" Merrimack office location (address). I recently (a month ago) called Comcast and asked if the Merrimack office was still open. The CS Rep couldn't tell me if the office in town was still open or not. She had the phone number and called the number and no one answered.

So don't feel bad that you weren't aware that they have indeed closed the Merrimack office on DWH, Comcast doesn't even know that its closed! Go figure.... :lol:
WIZ

Postby Brian McCarthy » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:54 am

The franchise renewal was up and Comcast was going to close that office no matter what. We had no choice. What we did put in is that they must maintain an office within a certain distance of the Town (I forget the exact way it was worded) but for now, the closest for the majority of Town is the 101A location, but I think there is something in Manchester also.

Brian
Brian McCarthy

Postby Shannon Barnes » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:54 am

They also had a layoff and consolodation of offices. They are also consolidating Lowell, Andover & Chelmsford (MA) operations into a new facility in Manchester they just purchased.
"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like me"--Stuart Smalley (Saturday Night Live)
Shannon Barnes

Next

Return to Cable, Library, Tolls & Water