Get a little money back from Comcast for the outage.

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Get a little money back from Comcast for the outage.

Postby Confucius » Fri Dec 26, 2008 3:44 pm

Our Comcast bill came in today and we called to see if we could deduct the days we had none of the three services we pay for from the bill. No phone, no cable, no internet for 4 days. The rep was courteous and asked us if we had lost all services, which we replied yes to. The rep then asked what dates exactly we were out of service. We told them and then they deducted ~$20 from the bill for the month. No arguments or managers involved. Kudos to Comcast for good customer service in this instance.
My font > yours.
Confucius

Re: Get a little money back from Comcast for the outage.

Postby WIZ » Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:50 pm

Now you can take that 20-bucks and send it to PSNH to defray the cost of cleaning up the great ice storm of 2008. We will all be sending PSNH more money soon, they aren't going to take the hit on the cost - they plan to pass it on to the customers.

Although I do find it remarkable that Comcast is pro-rating customers for lost service. The failure was an "act og god" and Comcast had no control over the failure. I wonder what Fair Point would tell us if we asked for the same on our land-line phones that were out during the power failure?
WIZ

Postby Confucius » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:27 am

WIZ wrote:Now you can take that 20-bucks and send it to PSNH to defray the cost of cleaning up the great ice storm of 2008. We will all be sending PSNH more money soon, they aren't going to take the hit on the cost - they plan to pass it on to the customers.

No kidding, huh. :P

WIZ wrote:Although I do find it remarkable that Comcast is pro-rating customers for lost service. The failure was an "act og god" and Comcast had no control over the failure. I wonder what Fair Point would tell us if we asked for the same on our land-line phones that were out during the power failure?

If I get sick and can't work for 90 days, do you think my employer would buy "act of god" as a reason to keep paying me for my services anyway? I get your point though. I was mildly surprised they didn't put up more of a fight.
My font > yours.
Confucius

Postby JMac1000 » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:35 pm

People who like to complain about their cable service seem to forget how lousy Harron, and some of the rest were. i think Comcast has excellent customer service, and far better than the franchises Merrimack had before.
JMac1000

Postby random1 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:39 pm

Thanks for the post Confucius. I also called them and will have $17 deducted. Now I'm getting in touch with FairPoint!
random1

Postby Kathy » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:32 pm

Yes, thank you for this post Confucius, It was the easiest refund I have ever received. I was asked what days I had no service, held for about half a minute, and was told how much my refund would be on my next bill. Very impressed with Comcast and their customer service!

Kathy
Kathy

Postby Michael Pelletier » Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:27 pm

Our credit was $5.60 for three days of internet service. The rep said that they normally don't issue a credit if there's not a trouble ticket attached on the account for the outage, but given the ice storm, they're waiving that rule.
Michael Pelletier

Postby Jeannine Stergios » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:38 pm

What I don't understand is how you can take the time to ask for a piddly amount of a refund from a company that through no fault of its own wasn't able to provide services for a few days, but yet not one complaint when a tax bill goes up by hundreds of dollars.

I wouldn't bother to ask for a refund from Comcast because I bet this storm has cost them plenty of money.
REPUBLICAN - BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE CAN BE ON WELFARE
Jeannine Stergios

Postby Kathy » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:25 pm

What I don't understand is how you can take the time to ask for a piddly amount of a refund from a company that through no fault of its own wasn't able to provide services for a few days, but yet not one complaint when a tax bill goes up by hundreds of dollars.

Comcast bills you in advance for their services, so I had already paid for services I did not receive.

Kathy
Kathy

Postby Ken Coleman » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:49 pm

Jeannine Posted

but yet not one complaint when a tax bill goes up by hundreds of dollars.

Oh come on, Yes you do!

Ken :lol: :lol:
Ken Coleman

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results” Ben Franklin
Ken Coleman

Postby Confucius » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:30 am

Jeannine Stergios wrote:What I don't understand is how you can take the time to ask for a piddly amount of a refund from a company that through no fault of its own wasn't able to provide services for a few days, but yet not one complaint when a tax bill goes up by hundreds of dollars.

I understand what you are saying. At the same time, I can't understand how anyone *wouldn't* have known taxes would go back up after the TC voted to empty the library fund for a one year "feel good" tax cut. People are acting like this was a shocker and something to complain about. A stable tax rate is better than the roller coaster we have had.
My font > yours.
Confucius

Postby Jeannine Stergios » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:59 pm

Confucius

I can't understand how anyone *wouldn't* have known taxes would go back up after the TC voted to empty the library fund for a one year "feel good" tax cut

I knew they would go up based on all of the "must have" warrant articles on the ballot that people feel the need to vote in support of.

Meanwhile, I am still trying to track down that 90k generator. So far, it's nowhere to be found and neither is the 90k.
REPUBLICAN - BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE CAN BE ON WELFARE
Jeannine Stergios

Postby RD » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:43 am

Kathy wrote:

Comcast bills you in advance for their services, so I had already paid for services I did not receive.

Kathy

I called yesterday, and Comcast immediately credited me for the four days I was without power - no questions asked.
"If you think teachers are your enemy, you should probably reassess who you think your friends are." - Chris Larson
RD

Check your bill!

Postby sabrina » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:20 am

Do not assume that Comcast will credit you even though they say they will. My credit was supposed to be $30 and they didn't take it off when they said they would. I had to call again... BEWARE and check your bill!
sabrina

Re: Check your bill!

Postby RD » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:46 am

sabrina wrote:Do not assume that Comcast will credit you even though they say they will. My credit was supposed to be $30 and they didn't take it off when they said they would. I had to call again... BEWARE and check your bill!

Thanks for the heads-up!
"If you think teachers are your enemy, you should probably reassess who you think your friends are." - Chris Larson
RD

Next

Return to Cable, Library, Tolls & Water