Request: Let the Cable Committee know about your problems

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Postby Norman Phillips » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:34 pm

Ditto. I thought it would be the usual temporary modem failure, but it was not. It came back on in an hour or so.
Sincerely, Norm Phillips
Norman Phillips

Postby Ann Goldman » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:00 am

We lost internet too this morning but I am not sure for how long. It was back around 11AM. I think it was down for over an hour. It sounds like it was down in all of Merrimack as I am near King Kone.
Ann Goldman

Postby Michael Thompson » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:59 am

Michael Thompson wrote:I just wanted to state that I had to call Comcast again today for my email issue. I did not recieve a call from my issue two weeks ago.

I finally have a Comcast account however I will not be able to forward my adelphia accounts now due to website issues.

Brian, thank you for forwarding my request. However I didn't receive a call or any communication.

So far the "service" in customer service is missing from my experiences with Comcast.

Not to mention today when there was an outage I called Comcast and was told it was my modem. Went to the local office and was told, it's not your modem the service is down, the techs know about it already. I stated that they didn't, and was then told I wasn't talking to the right people over the phone becuase they do know it is down.

GREAT service...... no really

The above mention that I had a Comcast email account was only a dream I must of had.

Here it is March and I still have issues with Comcast. The customer service is horrible to use a nice word.

I have called Comcast 5 times and every time I have to go through the same exact hoops and then be told someone on the tech side will call. IF they call they never leave a phone number to return a call. I dislike Comcast to no end, I wish I could have another high speed internet provider.
Michael Thompson

Re: Request: Let the Cable Committee know about your problems

Postby mort » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:59 pm

...more of a formality...but I am very disappointed of Comcast's inability to get TBS-HD on their network before the Red Sox playoffs began. They knew the playoffs were coming, right? :? To make matters more frustrating, they set up an HD channel for TBS, then it just disappeared the day before the playoffs began with an announcement that the new channel would be available.
mort

Postby Mike Ruggiero » Wed Jul 02, 2008 9:25 am

I know I've seen this complaint before. Why is it that we can't broadcast a simple Planning Board Meeting without continuous interrupts, blank screens, broken/pixelated images, etc.? With the price we pay in our franchise fees, one would think we could fix an on-going and never-ending problem. I understand there are significant dollars set aside for hardware upgrades. Can these dollars be used to get the live broadcasts stable?

Is it possible to ask the Cable Committee to tell Comcast to get this fixed? The Community Access channels are not reliable. Last nights' meeting was important to many in this community, but it could not be viewed.

Yes, I have a digital cable box. After all this time, I just don't find it reasonable to accept "watch it on re-runs, it is okay" as a solution. Can the Cable Committee help?
Mike Ruggiero

Postby Wizard » Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:02 pm

Mike Ruggiero wrote:I know I've seen this complaint before. Why is it that we can't broadcast a simple Planning Board Meeting without continuous interrupts, blank screens, broken/pixelated images, etc.? With the price we pay in our franchise fees, one would think we could fix an on-going and never-ending problem. I understand there are significant dollars set aside for hardware upgrades. Can these dollars be used to get the live broadcasts stable?

Is it possible to ask the Cable Committee to tell Comcast to get this fixed? The Community Access channels are not reliable. Last nights' meeting was important to many in this community, but it could not be viewed.

Yes, I have a digital cable box. After all this time, I just don't find it reasonable to accept "watch it on re-runs, it is okay" as a solution. Can the Cable Committee help?

This is a frustrating situation, especially knowing that the town is sitting on $500K of Franchise Fees. A couple of months ago, Nicholas was in front of the Town Council telling them all about the “new programming schedules” and slick new software and the improved quality of production to come. Well, I’m still waiting. Seems like fewer rebroadcasts (lots of dark screen). And live broadcasts from the Courtroom really suck to watch live. We might all be better off if Comcast moved all three PEG channels to the digital band and save us all some pain. Oh, never mind, there are FCC regulations that prevent moving those channels to digital. But hey, we have the Eckankar broadcast on channel 22. Can we ask for more than that?

Wizard
Wizard

Postby rmorrissey » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:45 pm

If while you are watching a live broadcast and are having a hard time viewing it, please call the control room so they can look into fixing it. The control room can be reached at 423-8524. They would love to hear from you. When you call it would also be helpful if you had the make of your cable box handy, since that might help to resolve the issue. The media division does monitor the programming over an analog and digital connection (though not a HD or DVR box), but if they don't see the issue on their equipment they don't know the problem exist, so calling in will help.
rmorrissey

Postby Brian McCarthy » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:17 am

The Cable Committee is no more. There has been a posting for residents to come forward and become part of the Technology Committee:

http://www.merrimacknh.gov/sites/merrim ... ittee1.pdf

The text of which is:
The Town of Merrimack is seeking
volunteers for membership positions that are currently available on the newly formed
Technology Committee. This Committee’s mission is to conduct a thorough technology
assessment that will assess adequacy of hardware, software, power consumption,
security, and utilization habits; prioritize risks; develop a comprehensive multi-year
plan; and recommend an implementation schedule. If you are interested in applying for a
position, please submit a letter of interest that includes your qualifications, personal
characteristics, length of residency, previous positions held, either elected or appointed,
and intent or experience related to the position to:

Town of Merrimack
Attn: Committees
6 Baboosic Lake Road
Merrimack, NH 03054
For more information on the Technology Committee, please contact the Town Manager's
office at 424-2331.
We look forward to hearing from you!

Please consider putting your name in for this committee if you enjoy technology and how it is applied to everyday life.

Brian
Brian McCarthy

Postby Brian McCarthy » Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:18 am

One more thing, Nat, i think you can take the 'sticky' off of this post :-)
Brian McCarthy

Previous

Return to Cable, Library, Tolls & Water