Request: Let the Cable Committee know about your problems

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Request: Let the Cable Committee know about your problems

Postby Brian McCarthy » Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:54 am

At last night's Board of Selectmen's meeting I made a request of residents to keep the Town informed of service calls they make to Adelphia. Please note that this request isn't anything new, and maybe we need to make it a little easier (suggestions?).

Your first call needs to be to the person who can fix the problem, and that is Adelphia but please follow that up with a letter to the Town detailing the problem (time,date, result, who you spoke with etc).

If you send a piece of physical mail:

Town of Merrimack
P.O. Box 940
Merirmack, NH 03054-0940

Attention: Cable Committee

You can email your information also (brian - at - mccarthyplace.com). I will make sure it gets to the Town.

Within a day or so a form will be placed (similar to the form http://www.ci.merrimack.nh.us/departmen ... e_form.htm) that will help people log issues relating to Powerlink.

The Cable Committee will be taking an active roll in summarizing this data.

One other thing the Cable Committee would like people to do is if you see ads in the paper, or ads mailed to you, or on TV that you feel are misleading relating to Adelphia, please contact us with that information.

If you feel you've contracted for a service (because of their ads or marketing) and you are not getting that service, let us know.

I have told the Attorney General's Office that we will be forwarding this information on, per their request.

We are asking residents to help us in this effort because we believe we do not have an accurate count of the number of issues people in the Town hare having with Adelphia. Those numbers, and this data will be very helpful in understanding both the issues and if they are wide spread or isolated.

Thanks,

Brian McCarthy - with his Cable TV Advisory Committee hat on

- edited to remove 'notify me' (why did I put that on!) option
- edited to remove my email address from being minned, I get enough junk mail
Last edited by Brian McCarthy on Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Brian McCarthy

Postby rbhayes » Mon Sep 01, 2003 10:35 pm

Brian - will you be posting a form that can be filled out online and submitted? If not, do you just want emails, or a Form attached to an email?

Also - is sending an email to mailto:Support@Adelphia.net sufficient notification of an issue? Email is easy (when it works), but spending 15 to 30 minutes on the phone to report an email issue or a 15 minute outage is not.
rbhayes

Postby Brian McCarthy » Tue Sep 02, 2003 7:27 am

The powerlink form went online on the Town site this weekend (catv committee web section)

Sending email to support has been nothing but a 'thank you' repsonse for anyone on the committee.

You must contact Adelphia about your issues first and we then request you CC the Town (or me, it will get there).

Thanks,

Brian
Brian McCarthy

Postby rbhayes » Tue Sep 02, 2003 7:40 am

Brain - I suspect you will only hear about extended outages/issues in that case. I do not know about others, but I experiance numberous short outages with sending email, signal loss, slow speeds, etc.. that are very anoying, but not worth my time to sit on the phone to report it to Adelphia just to have them do nothing.
rbhayes

Postby Brian McCarthy » Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:13 am

Well, write them down in the log at least. Then, when its out for an extended period of time, you can let them know about all the rest.

The logs will also be shared with Adelphia. It may help them better track down problems.

Brian
Brian McCarthy

sticky ?

Postby Brian McCarthy » Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:16 am

I didn't, at least I don't think I did, make this topic 'sticky'. I see no option for me to turn it off.

Brian
Brian McCarthy

Postby Nat Fairbanks » Tue Sep 02, 2003 9:59 am

Brian, if you want it non sticky let me know, I made it sticky. I figured it should appear close to the top all the time so that people know what to do. I can also lock this thread so that no more posts occur. That would prevent it from becoming the forever growing support thread.

Let me know what you prefer.

-Nat
Nat Fairbanks

Postby Brian McCarthy » Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:01 pm

It doesn't matter to me. I thought I had done it (missed some option when starting a topic, or responding) (so leave it, its not hurting anything).

As for the topic becoming a 'support thread' - The info has to get out somehow and if people post in this thread, or start a new one - it doesn't matter (I suspect more people are inclined to respond than start a new thread).

Brian
Brian McCarthy

Postby mort » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:44 pm

Brian-
Was there a switch-over from Adelphia to Comcast this past Saturday? I noticed a new channel, TNT-HD. But more apparently I noticed the quality of the video was poor.

I was watching both Fox Sports New England (Celtics game) and ESPNU (Drake / Iowa basketball game) and there were many instances where the video feed would get very "pixelated" and even freeze sometimes. It was most annoying -- especially when watching a live sporting event!

Thank you for your time.
mort-
mort

Postby Brian McCarthy » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:52 pm

Yes there was a switch-over:

Former Adelphia VOD Conversions Begin (12/5/06)

What: The Former Adelphia markets will be converting to Comcast ON DEMAND over the next few weeks. This will result in some changes for customers used to the former Adelphia menu and navigation. One of the primary changes that customers will notice is the renaming of categories and some categories such as Gotuit will no longer be available. As a result of this change some customers may ask how to find content that used to be in these folders.

When:

MA – 12/5/06

NH&VT – 1/11/07

Who: Former Adelphia Customers

Where: Former Adelphia MA,NH & VT
Brian McCarthy

Postby M@ » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:45 pm

The biggest problem with me logging outages is that my internet is down during the outage. Catch-22 kinda thing.

M@
M@

Postby Michael Pelletier » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:53 pm

They appear to have changed the DHCP lease time from four days to one hour this morning, and I had to do a cold restart to get back online at around 9:30.

Update: they appear to have changed it back to 4 days at around noon. They probably nailed their DHCP servers.
Last edited by Michael Pelletier on Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Pelletier

Postby mort » Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:54 pm

Thanks for the info, Brian. I am hopeful that this "blip" that was experienced on Saturday night is not a harbinger for things to come.
mort

problems with adelphia forwarding

Postby Ann Goldman » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:21 am

Hi Brian,
A few days ago I reluctantly set up my comcast mail account. I did the conversion to change and forward from my adelphia to comcast email address. It worked on that day. Since then I had noticed a huge drop off in email. When I did a test from my yahoo account I found that mail sent to comcast.net gets through while mail sent to adelphia.net gets rejected as spam. They were supposed to be honoring the old adelphia.net email addresses until next December but they obviously aren't. I doubt if fixing the spam filter on comcast will help since the same originating address gets through the comcast spam filter. I can send an email to both adresses and the comcast gets through.
Annie
Ann Goldman

Postby Jeannine Stergios » Mon Dec 25, 2006 11:33 am

Ann

Thanks for the heads up. I suspected this was happening because the number of emails I have been receiving lately is practically zero.

I have had many problems with DHCP at work. The server seems to lose the IP addresses after an hour or so and it takes about 5 minutes to recover. I hope this isn't going to be a regular event.
REPUBLICAN - BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE CAN BE ON WELFARE
Jeannine Stergios

Next

Return to Cable, Library, Tolls & Water