Channel 71 FX Sound problems.

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Channel 71 FX Sound problems.

Postby davem » Wed May 31, 2006 9:23 am

I have Adelphia Classic with includes expanded basic cable. The FX Channel 71 seems to be having sound issues and I was wondering if anyone else out there is noticing the same sound issues. The sound doesn't seem clear and also seems high pitched. I've contacted Adelphia and they have had nothing reported on it until I called them today. A service tech called me back and was going to check the point of origin. I have noticed this problem for a few months but have not taken the time to call until the new season of Rescue Me started last night. I have check another TV in my house and it had the same sound problems. Just wondering if its my house or do others have the same sound problems.

Thanks.
davem

Postby Ben_Werst » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:53 am

It's actually a problem with the digital cable signal not working with the adelphia cable boxes. Try running a second coaxial into the TV itself ... tuning to channel 71 on the TV (not the box) and it should work fine.
Ben_Werst

Postby davem » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:34 am

Thanks for the reply.

Adelphia told me that they had no problems from the point of origin. I don't have a cable box, the cable line goes directly into the TV. Same with the other TV's in my house. The sound on FX did clear up in July. I do notice other channels have higher or lower volume levels but nothing like how bad the sound was with FX. Must be the digital signal or something.
davem

Postby Ann Goldman » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:52 am

We have had multilple problems with our Adelphia cable tv systems.
The one with the DVR and the one with the digital tuner had all sorts of problems, from blacking out or pixelizing (don't know what else to call it) to not synchronizing audio with video.
Our direct cable to tv systems had one problem one day with ESPN.

We have had service people out here 4 times since the Spring. Once they replaced the main cable to the house and that worked for a couple of weeks until the problem returned. Then we were told we needed an amplifier but when crews balanced the neighborhood the problem went away. Then the problems came back and it turned out that a main cable to our pole had been chewed through by an animal. The tech told us we definitely don't need an amplifier. Another tech told us that our outdoor cable installation (the new one) was not done correctly but didn't fix it.
Now all the TV's are working 95% OK. I still have audio - video synchronization problems with the digital tuners and I have to step up and down the channels to make it go away. Sometimes I see some glitches in my picture also but I am really getting tired of staying home for hours and waiting for the "cable guy" to come and give us a new explanation.

Good luck with your problems and make sure that none of the outdoor lines are chewed. It causes a weakening of the signal which causes all sorts of weird problems.

I will add that for the last 10 years the volume problem has always existed. Some channels are quiet while others are loud. This happens on all of our tv's.
Ann Goldman

Postby davem » Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:37 pm

Thanks Ann

I almost feel sane right now. I'll check outside as I did think I saw some bare cable up top near the pole while mowing the lawn. Didn't investigate it as the problem went away.
davem

Return to Cable, Library, Tolls & Water