The Riddle of Iraq

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

The Riddle of Iraq

Postby Debra Huffman » Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:56 am

For those who haven't seen any publicity for this, I thought I'd pass it along.

Quote from the Library web site:

"September 21 - The Riddle of Iraq

Glen Swanson returns, courtesy of a grant from the NH Humanities Council, to speak about "The Riddle of Iraq". This program will be held on Tuesday, September 21 at 7pm and is free and open to the public.
Mr. Swanson is a Peterborough, NH resident and the author of several books and many articles on the Middle East. He has a Ph.D in history with area concentrations on the Middle East and on East-Central Europe; has done advanced studies on Islam, the Balkans, and the Middle East at the University of London School of Oriental and African Studies, and has lectured at the university and college levels. Last December his presentation of "The Search for Identity in the Middle East" was very positively received at the Merrimack Library."

I went to his presentation last year and found it very informative and interesting. Iraqi culture is so different from ours, and our fate is now so intimately tied to theirs, that I think it's useful to be better acquainted with what makes them tick.

My thanks to the library staff for putting this together.

(Now to decide if I'll skip out on the meetings I should attend that night to go to this.)
Debra Huffman

Postby uscitizen03054 » Wed Sep 22, 2004 7:14 pm

Was there any leave behind material from this lecture?
uscitizen03054

Postby Pat Heinrich » Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:02 pm

US Citizen
According to the library director, the only hand out were copies of maps used during his overhead presentation. The maps were no different than any maps of the areas you might find in any resource. However, she suggested you might contact the following website for further information or to get a schedule of other appearances: http://www.nhhc.org.
Pat Heinrich, Chair
Library Trustees
Pat Heinrich

Postby uscitizen03054 » Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:44 pm

Pat, thank you for looking into this.
uscitizen03054

Return to Cable, Library, Tolls & Water