Library Poll

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Which of the following best describes your views on a new library?

We don't need one at all
18%
It would be nice but not at the current price
9%
I'm for it even at the current price but not at this time
27%
I'm currently for it 100%
45%

Total votes : 22

Library Poll

Postby RBarnes » Wed May 19, 2004 2:44 pm

I have a couple questions regarding the library I would hope most of you reading would take some time to fill out as I'm trying to see the demographics of just who falls into what view when it comes to wanting a new library...

Along with the poll question I have a couple additional questions (it's too bad you can't do a multi-question poll) I would hope some of you could answer. I would really like to hear from those who have been most vocal either for or against the library.

When was the last time you used the Merrimack Library?

How many times a year would you say you use the Merrimack Library?

Highest level of education completed?

I would like to suggest to the library board that they put together a poll similar to this or the one about the dog park to get a good idea of the demographics of who's for an against the library as well as who are on the fence about it and why. Based on this information you may be able to find what factors are the key reasons we haven't voted to build the new library. Maybe it's just a matter of waiting a little longer while continuing to raise money with fundraisers and other methods.
RBarnes

Polls

Postby Jeannine Stergios » Wed May 19, 2004 3:49 pm

RBarnes wrote

Never

[quoteHow many times a year would you say you use the Merrimack Library? [/quote]
Never

This is an elitist question and implies that only educated people use the library. I used the library the most when I was 8 - 3rd grade education at that time.

PS: A recent study conducted at Merrimack schools stated that 98% of the students have computers at home. If that is the case, why would they need to go to the library to use a computer?

Also as far as the room being overcrowded at the lego robots show: they could have had the show in the school auditorium.
REPUBLICAN - BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE CAN BE ON WELFARE
Jeannine Stergios

Re: Polls

Postby RBarnes » Wed May 19, 2004 4:15 pm

Jeannine Stergios wrote:

This is an elitist question and implies that only educated people use the library.

Actually it isn't so much an implication as I wanted to find out if that's the case.

Based on posts evidence points to that conclusion since those with the worst spelling are against the library.
RBarnes

Postby Devils Advocate » Wed May 19, 2004 5:46 pm

Based on posts evidence points to that conclusion since those with the worst spelling are against the library.

RB your a moron. and friends with a moron that points out spelling errors. I type 60 words a minute and don't bother going back to see if I mispelled something. It is an elitist question. If your such a rocket scientist, why did you buy a place on a road to the dump. "Stupid is as stupid does"
Devils Advocate

Re: Library Poll

Postby RD » Wed May 19, 2004 6:04 pm

RBarnes wrote:I would really like to hear from those who have been most vocal either for or against the library.

How many times a year would you say you use the Merrimack Library?

I haven't been very vocal about the library, but I support a new library 100% so I thought I'd add my 2 cents:

Yesterday

Graduate school
"If you think teachers are your enemy, you should probably reassess who you think your friends are." - Chris Larson
RD

Postby Tom Williams » Wed May 19, 2004 8:20 pm

I last used the library on Sunday.

I use it 25-35 times per year (less since I bought a card for the Nashua library).

Graduate school (partial).

I support a new library, but I also believe that the current one could be improved by more collaboration with nearby libraries. Quite a lot could be done with the money raised so far.

I also think that we should refrain from insulting people who don't support the library; it seems childish.
Tom Williams
"Treating businesses and affluent people as prey, rather than assets, often pays off politically in the short run-- and elections are held in the short run." -- Thomas Sowell
Tom Williams

Postby merrimuck » Thu May 20, 2004 7:29 am

"Based on posts evidence points to that conclusion since those with the worst spelling are against the library." :lol: :lol: :lol:

The last time I used it was about 2 months ago.

I use it about a half dozen times a year.

I have a Bachelor's degree.
merrimuck

Return to Cable, Library, Tolls & Water