Wait?

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Wait?

Postby RBarnes » Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:33 pm

DA posted on another thread:

I for one think the TS is a World Class facility as far as TS stations go. It is clean efficient and unlike all your gloom and doom predictions of half hour to an hour wait to drop off your trash with long lines, I have yet to spend more than 4 minutes from the time I enter and exit this facility.

DA, as I was dumping trash off at the station today something odd struck me in the above comment of yours. You claimed in the past you NEVER had a wait at the landfill either so ignoring the fact this implies you do not recycle since even today it took me 15 to 20 minutes to get through the recycle building, this comment would have to imply one of two things. Either you were lying about the landfill and never having to wait then (in which case we can’t trust your assessment now either) or you apparently don't dump the same times as everyone else since you were never suck waiting on the long dump lines we had which sometimes stretched 14 or more cars long which almost anyone in town who’s dumped on non work hours can attest to.

And for the record although I've been using the new facility mostly on weekdays I didn’t go on a Saturday and there was a small line waiting for open windows. Granted it was nothing like the landfill was but since this facility is expected to last for years even as the town continues to grow I think it's a very bad sign there are already small lines of cars waiting for open windows when the facility has just opened and not to mention is only being used to a fraction of what it was built to handle.

[/quote]
RBarnes

Postby Nat Fairbanks » Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:44 pm

I normally dump during weekday work hours, so I almost never see a wait, but last Saturday I went at around noon. While I didn't have to wait to use the recycling center, if I didn't back out of the building I would have had to wait to leave. The current design which allows 2 vehicles to block the exits is moronic. Should the town stick with a transfer station long term the recycling building should be changed to allow vehicles to back into bays.

The wait for a transfer station bay was about 10 cars long, but a large part of that was due to bad parking by people using the bays. At least four spaces were blocked because vehicles backed up into the center of a bay rather than one vehicle each side of a bay. Putting lines on the pavement to mark each space would ensure maximal useage during peak periods.

-Nat
Nat Fairbanks

Postby RBarnes » Fri Mar 19, 2004 2:38 pm

Nat Fairbanks wrote:Putting lines on the pavement to mark each space would ensure maximal useage during peak periods.

Nat, take a close look next time your there... there are lines. It didn't take very long for them to get covered over with dirt and grime to the point you can't even seen them.
RBarnes

Postby Jim Bass » Fri Mar 19, 2004 6:26 pm

There was no line at 11:35 on Saturday!

It was a breeze!
Jim Bass

Postby Devils Advocate » Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:34 pm

Quote:
I for one think the TS is a World Class facility as far as TS stations go. It is clean efficient and unlike all your gloom and doom predictions of half hour to an hour wait to drop off your trash with long lines, I have yet to spend more than 4 minutes from the time I enter and exit this facility.

I stand by my original statement, the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. WORLD CLASS FACILITY. As far as recycling, another feel good liberal agenda from the enviromental wackos that actually costs more money and causes more pollution.
Devils Advocate

Postby Mark Fitzgerald » Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:37 am

WORLD CLASS FACILITY
....that handles 1/3 the crap in your town and leaks a couple of hundred grand a year. That's quite a feather in your cap, it really is. :oops: :D

How about supporting a library that's not so small you have to go outside to change your mind??? The way you guys prioritize things never ceases to amaze...........
Mark Fitzgerald

Return to Solid Waste, Landfill & Recycling