Favortism is clearly shown

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Favortism is clearly shown

Postby Dennis King » Fri Dec 12, 2003 12:57 pm

The farmhouse topic was locked but only after 2 pages of posts were removed.

These posts dealt with Mr. Fitzgerald's threat to another member on this forum.

Other locked topics were left untouched (just look at all the people calling me a liar).

I posted the rules and asked the moderator to remove Mr. Fitzgerald.

Instead, he continues to post and the offensive posts (ie evidence) was removed.

Other voices are gone and I assume they were evicted from this forum.

This is the most blatant example of favortism that I have seen. The forum is not fair.

Speech is only free for a select few and insults, and yes even threats are accepted by these elite.

very sad indeed.

Dennis
User avatar
Dennis King
 
Posts: 2032
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2003 10:37 am

Postby Dennis King » Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:09 pm

From another locked topic, here's the last post that was not removed, wonder why?




Mark Fitzgerald

Joined: 22 Nov 2002
Posts: 1535

Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 7:23 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Being called a "carpetbagger" from an individual whose DNA and skeletal remains will one day be used as evidence that elves and gremlins did in fact exist (and probably bred) doesn't really hurt.

As always Jimmy-boy, say hello to your girlfriend for me.

Rick, Jimmy-boy is not worth it. His only goal is to somehow make himself feel "bigger" by rubbing the transfer station in your face. Thats who he is, he can't help it. He received the short end of the gene pool, literally.

I expect admin to leave this one as it is unless they are going to start editing all insults.
_________________
Mark Fitzgerald


The last line says it all, the author is aware that he has a license to insult and even threaten on this site.

Very sad.

Dennis
User avatar
Dennis King
 
Posts: 2032
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2003 10:37 am

Postby Dennis King » Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:16 pm

Oh yes, a difference of opinion is labeled an "insult", not hardly but in this forum, they aparantly equate and cancel each other out.

I suspect this is management's reasoning. I invite them to respond to my critisism. I look forward to hearing their rationale.

Dennis
User avatar
Dennis King
 
Posts: 2032
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2003 10:37 am

Postby Mark Fitzgerald » Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:27 pm

That was a particularly good one Dennis. Thanks for reminding us all of it.

Whats strange is that you never seem able to find one of the 1000 insults thrown my way. Why do you think that is?

Fortunately for this site, your opinion is meaningless Dennis. Otherwise, I'm sure this site would end up like the Town site you spoke against because you were getting "beat up" all the time.

I myself am quickly tiring of your participation here and your obvious goal of manipiulating this site to your liking. It just won't happen Dennis. I hope you run for Selectman so I can have an opportunity to "comment" daily on your positions here.

I'm off now. I am a guest speaker at the NH Alternative Dispute Resolution Conference in Concord.
Mark Fitzgerald
 

Postby RBarnes » Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:28 pm

Dennis, grow up.

And for the record calling you a liar is not an insult as you claim but a statement of FACT. Just as saying the sky is blue or the grass is green. You stated numbers that are incorrect. You were told what the correct numbers are. You continue to make claims using the incorrect numbers. How else would you explain that?

For the record your incorrect claim is that there is $400,000 in savings with the TS over CS (originally claiming it to be 1 million in savings).

Your claim uses 1.5 million as the total cost of the TS.

We now know from next years town budget the total cost they are budgeting for is 2.26 million.

To continue to claim there is $400,000 in savings using the 1.5 million base figure is wrong and since you've been told again and again it is wrong that would make you a liar.

Sometimes the truth hurts.

Oh and by the way, this is a PRIVATE message board. If the people who run the board want to show favoritism it is their choice. They can enforce any rules they want and apply them to anyone they want and likewise not apply them to anyone they want. If you want a PUBLIC message board where favoritism is not shown then you shouldn't have pushed for the town to shut down the board they had.
User avatar
RBarnes
 
Posts: 6852
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2003 1:21 pm
Location: Merrimack

Postby uscitizen03054 » Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:40 pm

And for the record calling you a liar is not an insult as you claim but a statement of FACT. Just as saying the sky is blue or the grass is green. You stated numbers that are incorrect. You were told what the correct numbers are. You continue to make claims using the incorrect numbers. How else would you explain that?


Rbarnes, I have to take exception here. There have been so many claims and counter claims by various people that one cannot single out Dennis. Until the BOS comes out with an official statement claiming that last year's data was flawed, we are all dealing in opinions and speculation. Can you approach the BOS to have a correction made? Thanks, US Citizen.
User avatar
uscitizen03054
 
Posts: 7544
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2003 11:31 am
Location: Merrimack, NH

Postby Dennis King » Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:46 pm

This is the post which is the basis for RBarnes to call me a liar:

Dennis King



Joined: 28 Mar 2003
Posts: 438

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:08 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Norman,

I am disturbed by this revelation.

I do not have any explaination for this.

I will accept the multiyear bid of 1.8 million for my calculations.

We need to be straight with each other on this. I just don't get it. Whether you wanted CS or TS, we must debate it fairly.

We see the numbers differently based upon different assumptions of what "expenses" are included. Still, we should have been able to agree on this if this is what is common for towns to do.

in short, I am disappointed.

This changes the 1 million in savings to $400,000.

I still feel the TS is the best alternative but I would have preferred to have a more realistic comparison. It raises the question if other information was incorrect as well and that is just wrong.

We can disagree but we should discuss the issue fairly, regardless of the personalities involved.

Our town deserves no less.

Dennis


I conceeded the the BOS was wrong in not using the multiyear contract in the comparison. (It should be noted that at the time the LR supporters were using a 6 month figure which used the money saved for the closure to offset the curbside cost, I suspect this may have been their motivation but it was still wrong)

I compared a known figure which even Norm P. agreed to in an earlier post. I reduced the figure by 600,000 accepting the reported reduction. I have not commented about this years status noting that the tonage rates were not set at the time (income) and we still at this time do not know what we will get in traffic (ie will WM and BFI use the facility), Only time will tell on this and I prefer wo use actual numbers and not a hypothetial example of another town's rates.

In short, I commented on my disappointment that the numbers last year were wrong and inflated by $600,000. Nothing more.

For that, I have been called a liar, repeatedly.

Dennis
User avatar
Dennis King
 
Posts: 2032
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2003 10:37 am

Re: Favortism is clearly shown

Postby Nat Fairbanks » Fri Dec 12, 2003 1:53 pm

Dennis King wrote:The farmhouse topic was locked but only after 2 pages of posts were removed.

These posts dealt with Mr. Fitzgerald's threat to another member on this forum.

These posts were removed because that's what several users of this forum requested, including you. Now you are complaining about it? I don't understand. As administrator of this forum I have addressed every complaint sent to me, including the issue that led to your debut on this forum. Please explain to me how your compaint about the "threat" Mark Fitzgerald made (something I never received a complaint about from the person the "threat" was supposedly directed at) was supposed to cause posts unrelated to the "threat" to be removed?

-Nat (as a baffled admin)
Nat Fairbanks
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2002 1:05 am
Location: Merrimack NH

Postby RBarnes » Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:16 pm

uscitizen03054 wrote:Rbarnes, I have to take exception here. There have been so many claims and counter claims by various people that one cannot single out Dennis. Until the BOS comes out with an official statement claiming that last year's data was flawed, we are all dealing in opinions and speculation. Can you approach the BOS to have a correction made? Thanks, US Citizen.


US, the figure of 2.26 million as the total cost of the transfer station came directly from a member of the budget committee. And for the record the BOS has stated this number as the current total cost from next years budget in town meetings. I personally consider that an "official statement".
User avatar
RBarnes
 
Posts: 6852
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2003 1:21 pm
Location: Merrimack

Postby RBarnes » Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:20 pm

Dennis King wrote:This is the post which is the basis for RBarnes to call me a liar:

Dennis King



Joined: 28 Mar 2003
Posts: 438

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 9:08 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Norman,

I am disturbed by this revelation.

I do not have any explaination for this.

I will accept the multiyear bid of 1.8 million for my calculations.

We need to be straight with each other on this. I just don't get it. Whether you wanted CS or TS, we must debate it fairly.

We see the numbers differently based upon different assumptions of what "expenses" are included. Still, we should have been able to agree on this if this is what is common for towns to do.

in short, I am disappointed.

This changes the 1 million in savings to $400,000.

I still feel the TS is the best alternative but I would have preferred to have a more realistic comparison. It raises the question if other information was incorrect as well and that is just wrong.

We can disagree but we should discuss the issue fairly, regardless of the personalities involved.

Our town deserves no less.

Dennis


I conceeded the the BOS was wrong in not using the multiyear contract in the comparison. (It should be noted that at the time the LR supporters were using a 6 month figure which used the money saved for the closure to offset the curbside cost, I suspect this may have been their motivation but it was still wrong)

I compared a known figure which even Norm P. agreed to in an earlier post. I reduced the figure by 600,000 accepting the reported reduction. I have not commented about this years status noting that the tonage rates were not set at the time (income) and we still at this time do not know what we will get in traffic (ie will WM and BFI use the facility), Only time will tell on this and I prefer wo use actual numbers and not a hypothetial example of another town's rates.

In short, I commented on my disappointment that the numbers last year were wrong and inflated by $600,000. Nothing more.

For that, I have been called a liar, repeatedly.

Dennis


Dennis, one more time... your figure uses an incorrect figure for the total cost of the TS.

You have accepted that the CS quote was lower and I'm glad you are man enough to accept that but you continue to ignore that the budget for next year (which is the first full year budget for the TS) has the total value at 2.26 million not 1.8 million, which is what is used in your calculation to come up with the savings. Until you accept this I will continue to call you a liar since your data is using incorrect numbers, which you have been told what the correct numbers should be.
User avatar
RBarnes
 
Posts: 6852
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2003 1:21 pm
Location: Merrimack

Postby Dennis King » Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:21 pm

Nat,

You usually lock a post, not remove items from it. You also did not respond to my reuqest that the rules against threats and insults be inforced. Is it your opinion since the person who was threatended did not complain directly to you that the "threat" then does not exist?

Mr. Fitzgerald has a long history with this type of behavior.

It appears he is right, he can insult and threat with impunity here, it is just fine by you and the rest of the moderators.

I find his behavior offensive and I guess the simple fact is you don't.

I have seen other peoples' voices silenced and assume they were removed. I never thought the posts were anyway near the level of Mr. Fitzgerald but they are gone and he remains.

In short Nat, that's my point.

Dennis
User avatar
Dennis King
 
Posts: 2032
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2003 10:37 am

Postby RBarnes » Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:24 pm

Dennis King wrote:I have seen other peoples' voices silenced and assume they were removed. I never thought the posts were anyway near the level of Mr. Fitzgerald but they are gone and he remains.


Dennis, how about backing up what you are claiming. Give us one ID who you claim has been silenced. We can then look them up in the member list to see if they have been removed from the forum.
User avatar
RBarnes
 
Posts: 6852
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2003 1:21 pm
Location: Merrimack

Postby Mark Fitzgerald » Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:48 pm

"bla bla he said this, bla bla she said that, bla bla this one is gone, bla bla but he remains, bla bla bla......."

Sometimes life just aint fair.

Just ask Roger Lawrence, who was told by Dennis' crew it was "too bad" the lifestyle he THOUGHT he had when he purchased his residential land in 1951 was going to be taken from him forever.
Mark Fitzgerald
 

Postby Nat Fairbanks » Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:49 pm

Dennis King wrote:You usually lock a post, not remove items from it. You also did not respond to my reuqest that the rules against threats and insults be inforced. Is it your opinion since the person who was threatended did not complain directly to you that the "threat" then does not exist?


I have two options, lock a thread and remove posts. In almost every case I both lock a thread and remove at least one post. In a very small number of cases I have simply locked a thread because I felt it was about to get out of hand. Usually I only have to remove the last post made, which might be why you haven't noticed it. In this case there were about 15 messages dealing with the "threat" and I simply removed them all rather than remove the offensive one and edit any other post that refered to it. On more than one prior occasion I have removed a large number of posts and locked a thread as I did here. If a complaint is made by someone who a comment is directed at, or possibly could be directed at, I do put a lot more weight onto that complaint than one of an observer, although I listen to both.

Dennis King wrote:Mr. Fitzgerald has a long history with this type of behavior.

It appears he is right, he can insult and threat with impunity here, it is just fine by you and the rest of the moderators.

I find his behavior offensive and I guess the simple fact is you don't.

I do find it offensive. I also find that Mark Fitzgerald has been a net positive on this forum, so I have chosen not to remove him. I see offensive behavior every day but have learned to look past it and not be affected by it. For example Dennis, I found the two threats you left on my answering machine offensive, but when I called you back I was very civil and we eventually carried on a normal conversation about the issue you were concerned with and came to an agreeable resolution and then discussed other matters politely as well.

Dennis King wrote:I have seen other peoples' voices silenced and assume they were removed. I never thought the posts were anyway near the level of Mr. Fitzgerald but they are gone and he remains.

No user has been permanently banned from this forum. Only one person has decided to stop posting rather than comply with my request and be allowed to continue participating. If they change their mind they are welcome back. Users who agree to identify themselves (either publicly or privately) are given slightly more leeway since it then becomes much easier for me to pass along their identity should a lawsuit arise.

-Nat (as admin)
Nat Fairbanks
 
Posts: 1020
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2002 1:05 am
Location: Merrimack NH

Postby uscitizen03054 » Fri Dec 12, 2003 2:59 pm

US, the figure of 2.26 million as the total cost of the transfer station came directly from a member of the budget committee. And for the record the BOS has stated this number as the current total cost from next years budget in town meetings. I personally consider that an "official statement".


Was this before the vote last year? This is my issue. I would have rather seen all of the costs clearly laid out up front by the BOS before the vote. Talking about 2.26 or 1.8 now is silly.
User avatar
uscitizen03054
 
Posts: 7544
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2003 11:31 am
Location: Merrimack, NH

Next

Return to Solid Waste, Landfill & Recycling

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron