January 1 Curbside Price Increase

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Re: January 1 Curbside Price Increase

Postby Wayne » Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:29 am

Tom Williams wrote:Has anyone received price increase notices from other haulers? Anyone else thinking about switching?

Just got my 3-month bill from WM. Rate increase is about $6, so it's less than $.50/week. I can live with that.
Wayne

Postby Wayne » Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:37 am

And now my moral dilemma: Do I bother to continue driving to the TS site to recycle, or do I just start leaving it for WM? The lazy choice is awfully tempting...
Wayne

Increase

Postby Jeannine Stergios » Mon Dec 22, 2003 12:49 pm

I got an increase from Buckley the same as yours from WM - no big deal.
REPUBLICAN - BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE CAN BE ON WELFARE
Jeannine Stergios

Re: Increase

Postby RBarnes » Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:24 pm

Jeannine S. wrote:I got an increase from Buckley the same as yours from WM - no big deal.

Jeannine, with all your griping about extra spending due to taxes I would think you would be interested in saving where ever you can find it...

Buckley is coming in at $325 per year while if you were to switch to WM you would be paying only $302 a year.
RBarnes

Would not switch

Postby Jeannine Stergios » Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:28 pm

Rbarnes

I would not switch from Buckley - he has always treated me well and it is more personalized service. Besides, I would rather give my money to a smaller business. I am a small business owner too.
Jeannine Stergios

Re: Would not switch

Postby RBarnes » Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:32 pm

Jeannine S. wrote:I would not switch from Buckley - he has always treated me well and it is more personalized service. Besides, I would rather give my money to a smaller business. I am a small business owner too.

I can respect that. If more people were honest about issues like this there wouldn't be a problem. You acknowledge that although Buckley is a little more you feel there is justification for that additional cost for the reasons you give. I can't argue with that.
RBarnes

Postby Constitution1 » Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:06 pm

Jeannine , good point. Too many people concentrate on cost vs. value. Value takes into account dependability and mother aspects.
Constitution1
Constitution1

Postby Muriel Lortie » Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:27 pm

RBarnes wrote:
Jeannine S. wrote:I would not switch from Buckley - he has always treated me well and it is more personalized service. Besides, I would rather give my money to a smaller business. I am a small business owner too.

I can respect that. If more people were honest about issues like this there wouldn't be a problem. You acknowledge that although Buckley is a little more you feel there is justification for that additional cost for the reasons you give. I can't argue with that.

Rick,

Have these local haulers been able to obtain bonding?
Muriel Lortie

Postby RBarnes » Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:31 pm

Constitution1 wrote:Value takes into account dependability and mother aspects.

Mother? Is that a Freudian slip?
RBarnes

Postby RBarnes » Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:32 pm

Muriel Lortie wrote:Rick,

Have these local haulers been able to obtain bonding?

I don't think so but since I have little to do with them I'm sure there are others here who can answer that better then I.
RBarnes

Postby Muriel Lortie » Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:40 pm

Jeannine S. wrote:Rbarnes

I would not switch from Buckley - he has always treated me well and it is more personalized service. Besides, I would rather give my money to a smaller business. I am a small business owner too.

Jeannine S.,

Did you live in Merrimack when a local haulers told the Ad-Hoc Committee they could not get bonded?

I would rather give my money to a business that is insured.

I have been a small business in Merrimack for 30+ years and have "ALWAYS" been insured.
Muriel Lortie

Bonded

Postby Jeannine Stergios » Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:43 pm

Good for you Muriel

What are you going to do - have the poor guys arrested? I bet you would take great pleasure in that.
Jeannine Stergios

Re: Bonded

Postby Muriel Lortie » Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:48 pm

Jeannine S. wrote:Good for you Muriel

What are you going to do - have the poor guys arrested? I bet you would take great pleasure in that.

Oh, you don't believe that all small businesses should abide by the law?
Muriel Lortie

Not up to me

Postby Jeannine Stergios » Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm

Muriel

It is not up to me to make the laws or enforce them. I am not the Bonding police. I worry about my own business and make sure it operates within the rules - others can worry about their own businesses. If they break rules then they should suffer the consequences if they are caught.
Jeannine Stergios

Re: Not up to me

Postby Muriel Lortie » Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:30 pm

Jeannine S. wrote:Muriel

It is not up to me to make the laws or enforce them. I am not the Bonding police. I worry about my own business and make sure it operates within the rules - others can worry about their own businesses. If they break rules then they should suffer the consequences if they are caught.

Jeannine,

As a small business owner you should know that insurance is a "1" priority. Especially when they enter your property.

Simply, ask Buckley to fax over to you his vehicle and liability insurance certificates.
Muriel Lortie

PreviousNext

Return to Solid Waste, Landfill & Recycling