Dave, What's Different Now?

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Re: Dave, What's Different Now?

Postby RD » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:20 am

I have never made it a secret that I once thought PAYT was the way to go. I changed my mind about it a few years back

"I was for it before I was against it". :lol:
"If you think teachers are your enemy, you should probably reassess who you think your friends are." - Chris Larson
RD

Re: Dave, What's Different Now?

Postby Fitzie » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:50 pm

David McCray wrote:Wayne, I have never made it a secret that I once thought PAYT was the way to go. I changed my mind about it a few years back when I came to the realization that whenever you save a little money, government finds a way to spend it somewhere else and for that reason I began to realize that the money cut out of the trash budget would be spent some where else, yet we would have a new fee for buying bags and a cost associated with managing the bag program, in the end it would more for a taxpayer to live in town with a PAYT program.

I feel now that PAYT is another tax, and that if governmet saves 1.00 from my left pocket ( tax rate) and takes 1.50 from my right pocket (PAYT fee) and then takes back the the buck that was originally saved for some new government project, in the end Im down 1.50.

PAYT is a double tax , I once thought it was the answer now I realize it is wrong and will end up costing the taxpayers more. We all make mistakes, Im glad I saw the light.

I hope this help explains your question. Please call me at 424 2282 if you have further questions.

David.......HUH? Are you saying you believe in the concept of PAYT but don't trust government to pass on the savings? Here's the thing (which you clearly understand but are pretending otherwise).....the government won't be the one passing or not passing along the majority of the savings.....users will. What's your point David? I'm beginning to think you're using this issue to drive a larger agenda.
Fitzie

Previous

Return to Solid Waste, Landfill & Recycling