trash talk, where are we going in the future

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Re: trash talk, where are we going in the future

Postby Dennis King » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:50 am

Fitzie wrote:Dear "Dude". I'm glad to see you finally acknowledge the truth. :D

Mark, What are you talking about?

First you post on Friday March 4th at 9:51PM that I am dodging your question (when this is the first I have seen it posted). Then on Saturday March 5th at 9:43 AM, you send me a private message demanding I respond to you.

I respond in Saturday March 5th at 4:02 PM, (just after using the state of the art TS BTW) and this is the first time I turned on my computer.

Mark, I know you are obsessed about this but really, a posted attack on me that I am dodging a post I already made and then the PM the next morning demanding I reply, this is beyond obsession. You need to get a grip my friend, in short, you need to get a life dude. There are far more important things in life, I have no problem with the will of the people but I do not feel this is a decision for the TC to make, especially when they already know the will of the people. Let them choose the color of the chairs and the finish on the wood in their new digs, let them hand out watches and plaques, fine, but when it will impact a large section of the community, then we should let the people decide.

I have to get back to my work now Mark, I suggest you do the same.
Dennis King

Postby Fitzie » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:21 pm

Dennis King wrote:
Fitzie wrote:Dear "Dude". I'm glad to see you finally acknowledge the truth. :D

Mark, What are you talking about?

First you post on Friday March 4th at 9:51PM that I am dodging your question (when this is the first I have seen it posted). Then on Saturday March 5th at 9:43 AM, you send me a private message demanding I respond to you.

I respond in Saturday March 5th at 4:02 PM, (just after using the state of the art TS BTW) and this is the first time I turned on my computer.

Mark, I know you are obsessed about this but really, a posted attack on me that I am dodging a post I already made and then the PM the next morning demanding I reply, this is beyond obsession. You need to get a grip my friend, in short, you need to get a life dude. There are far more important things in life, I have no problem with the will of the people but I do not feel this is a decision for the TC to make, especially when they already know the will of the people. Let them choose the color of the chairs and the finish on the wood in their new digs, let them hand out watches and plaques, fine, but when it will impact a large section of the community, then we should let the people decide.

I have to get back to my work now Mark, I suggest you do the same.

Dennis you should probably refrain from offering anyone on the planet advice on "obsession". You telling anyone to "get a grip" is like a crack addict offering advice on self control. Anyone associating the words "state of the art" and "transfer station" and MEANING it is clearly further along the path to obsession than I. That, and to my knowledge I've never associated even those BOS members I loathed with every fiber of my being with the Nazi regime.

I explained why I remain engaged but perhaps you were too eager to lug your waste over the the TS in the trunk of your Grand Marquis to bother reading all of the posting. I can copy it if you like but it'd much easier if you just went to page 2 of this thread and read it.

On a purely practical level I do feel it is a matter for the TC to decide since it is they who are responsible for the budget and spending. Its exactly what you've been screaming for with respect to the schools, the only difference is for some unexplained reason your feel subsidizing the waste habits of a minority of the taxpayers is justified. I dunno, it'll be interesting to sit there and listen to you explain it though.
Fitzie

Postby Dennis King » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:59 pm

Fitzie wrote:
On a purely practical level I do feel it is a matter for the TC to decide since it is they who are responsible for the budget and spending.

Not exactly, they may spend but we tax payers have to write the checks!

In matters such as these, the taxpayers should be given the right to decide how big a check he should have to send.
Dennis King

Postby RD » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:45 pm

Dennis King wrote:
Fitzie wrote:

On a purely practical level I do feel it is a matter for the TC to decide since it is they who are responsible for the budget and spending.

Only as you throw...

Dennis King wrote:
In matters such as these, the taxpayers should be given the right to decide how big a check he should have to send.

You have that very right with PAYT. Simply recycle more, and generate less non-recyclable SW. You can recycle just about everything these days. In my household, we usually generate only one (occasionally two) 8-gallon bags of SW each week. Our 65-gallon recycling tote is usually full every week or every other week. Almost all kitchen waste goes into our compost bins. It's really incredibly easy. Employ slightly different SW habits and you won't be spending much at all on PAYT.
Last edited by RD on Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you think teachers are your enemy, you should probably reassess who you think your friends are." - Chris Larson
RD

Postby Fitzie » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:05 pm

Dennis King wrote:
Fitzie wrote:

This is where we will never agree because in my mind, ownership of a home isn't qualification of anything but the ability to get a mortgage. This is something I noticed while there and its difficult to articulate without being offensive but.....I've never let that stop me before so why now?

Too often people lean on the "power" of simply being a taxpayer to assume qualifications they as individuals simply do not possess. I'm just as guilty of the next person of this fault, but I try hard not to let myself fall into the trap. I elect leaders because I think they're qualified to make decisions on my behalf....and I expect them to do so. If I want a say in every action I'll go on Survivor. I'm busy living my life and I expect that if there's an opportunity to lessen my tax burden along with a majority of the taxpayers it will be done without need of my involvement or blessing. Hopefully I never have to know or think about it, that's why I voted for them.

As it relates to PAYT one could very, very easily argue that its institution is warranted without any mandate simply because it benefits a super-duper-duper majority of the tax base. Its institution would not be deciding "how big a check" the taxpayers write but instead reducing the amount of the check, which I would think most view as an "automatic" or inherent responsibility. My bet is there are an awful lot of people who look at the numbers and are asking why the TC has waited so long.
Fitzie

Postby Jeannine Stergios » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:21 pm

Look at it another way. How about the property owner who doesn't live in town, has ZERO vote and still has to pay the bill. How fair is that?

You can say his tenants will pay but he is the guy on the hook for the tax bill. What if the tenants don't pay their rent?
REPUBLICAN - BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE CAN BE ON WELFARE
Jeannine Stergios

Previous

Return to Solid Waste, Landfill & Recycling