Post-April 2003 question

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Post-April 2003 question

Postby nppyinzer » Fri Dec 20, 2002 5:49 pm

Hello,

I've got a question, and I hope someone can answer it for me. I haven't had time to read all the posts on the board, so I don't know if it's already been covered.

In the 12/13/02 issue of the Journal, it says: "If an option does not pass at the April town meeting, the BOS will have the final say on how trash will be removed once the landfill closes on Dec. 31, 2003."

Does anyone know what procedure would be used by the BOS to make that decision? Would it be made in public or private session? Will anyone other than the selectmen (whoever they may be) be involved in the discussion?

Thanks for your help.

Max

-----

The contents of this message are the opinions of Max Chittister, and do not in any way represent the opinions of the Cabinet Press or Merrimack Journal.
Any questions or comments regarding the Journal should be sent via private mail, not public posting.
nppyinzer

Postby Debra Huffman » Sat Dec 21, 2002 8:15 am

I don't know the answer to all of your questions, but I would assume the discussion will be held in a public meeting. Private sessions can only be used for things like land acquistion, salary discussions, personnel issues... things like that. Unless their discussions include a land acquistion (highly unlikely at this late date), I can't imagine that they would have cause for a private session.
Debra Huffman

Return to Solid Waste, Landfill & Recycling