Ok to charge condos twice?

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Re: Tax and spend

Postby Muriel Lortie » Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:15 pm

Jeannine Stergios wrote:Barnes wrote:

Jeannine, this was actually discussed a while back. I fully believe this town needs to follow the American with disabilities act, which it currently doesn't. If you feel requiring the town to actually follow the law and provide service to those incapable of using the facility (just as they provide elevators in all public buildings and even provide sign language in town meetings if you were hearing impaired) would cause the facility to shut down and the town to switch to curbside then the transfer station isn't that solid a trash option is it?

Rick
There is no discrimination involved in this issue. Many towns in NH do not have curbside, and people can have their trash picked up. Either way, the elderly will have to pay - either via a hauler or through their taxes with curbside. I would give up that angle if I were you, because there are far too many towns that don't have curbside.

No offense- but why didn't you stay where you had all of these items like curbside, big libraries where you could borrow art, and the schools of your dreams? Why come here and expect everything to become what you want? And now you want sign language and elevators too!! Are there hard of hearing people attending the meetings?

You are sounding more and more like a tax and spender!!

Jeannine,

There was discrimination with the TS. Ask Fran & Bob L'Heureux who asked for an received a "No Thru Trucking" sign posted on their road (Back River Road in 2001) because they did not want tractor trailers up and down their road. They got it!

Ask Pete and Nancy Gagnon why they lied about the dump being told it was temporary. They have a business that profits with drive-by traffic. They succeeded.

I believe Rick and Shannon chose Merrimack as their home because they viewed Merrimack as a town who cared about all and did not discriminate.

You sound more and more like the people who are no longer representing our voices' in the town of Merrimack. :D
Muriel Lortie

Postby Devils Advocate » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:05 am

Geez, I ignore this forum for a few days and come back and now the ACLU is involved with the dump. RB you are a piece of work. You should be ashamed of yourself for using handicapped people to further your agenda. Yes RB, it is political with you and anyone with half a brain would and will see that you will stop at nothing to further your agenda. I guess you didn't learn from your buddy down the street that moved out. He tried to come up with every cockamamy excuse for not to have a ts there. But thanks to him, we know have a TS station. Where are all the screaming handicapped people that can't use the dump. Back to the old liberal standbys, the poor children, the poor handicapped, the poor elderly, the poor air quality. Seems to me, everyone that has put there house up for sale on that road has had no problem selling it. But hey, lets not break the law, I suggest that if your really concerned about the elderly you write up a warrant article that gives any handicapped or elderly free trash pickup. I have no problem with that. By the way, if CS did pass, these so called handicapped/elderly would be in the same boat there in now using curbside. How can anyone with your mindset serve on any board in town, you are obsessed with trash not the handicapped. How much lower will you go RB?
Devils Advocate

Postby Mark Fitzgerald » Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:38 am

And you sound like a bitter old women that can't move on with her life. "Our voices in town" how would you know who no longer represents "Our voices" I think not Muriel, and certainly hope not. I guess only time will tell.

And you, once again with your own words, exhibit that you're a moron. How many mistakes can one simple paragraph contain????

Do us all a favor, the next time you waddle into 7-11 at midnight to get you're chili-dog and Big Gulp chaser, look for the night school applications next to the door. Have a literate friend fill it out for you, gouge your "X" in the signature block and come back next year with the ability to string together a minimum of three sentences that could pass for a third grader's.
Mark Fitzgerald

Postby Mark Fitzgerald » Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:46 am

Having just bothered to read your tirade at Barnes, I now know exactly who you are DA.

How's business?
Mark Fitzgerald

Postby Dennis King » Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:21 am

Just an FYI guys,

I am not pointman and I'm not DA either.

Frankly it amases me that I even need to state this yet again!

I "joined" this forum simply to clear my name and yet I see people are once again implying that I am an Anon.

I believe this is banal egocentrism in that the CS supporters simply can not believe there is more than one person who has a different opinon.

I am quite bored over this silly obsessive behavior. If a contray opinion is expressed, it is attacked repeatedly and the person who posted it is constantly typing back responses to all the attacks. Frankly, I do not have the time to waste on what has clearly become idle chatter by people who just can't let this thing go.

Intelligent conversation can only happen when both sides can respect each other and are open to the points of the other. I certainly have made a number of changes in my views based upon new information which did not put the former BOS in a favorable light. This is particulary hard for me as I have come to know and llike each and every one of them. Still, you need to be intellectually honest and I have always tried to do so.

Calling people Liar Liar over and over, accusing them of being an annon, and now I see more insults on this forum, well it just doesn't bring any credibility to your argument.

It has also stilled my voice as I have come to realize you can not pursuade anyone to see any point you have if they are constatnly making personal attacks.

Dennis

BTW, Nat, is there any way to make the default newest first, this oldest first is a killer, thanks. Dennis
Dennis King

Postby Contrary » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:10 pm

Dennis,

I agree with the points you've just made. There's far too much intellectual dishonesty, outright lying, and school yard bullying going on. I suspect that the hostile atmosphere of this forum has stifled many. Some opinions are presented so rudely that I'd hate to admit to sharing them, just because of how they're put.

I have to wonder though, why you assumed that Mark's comment about knowing DA's identity was directed at you.

Your name wasn't the first to come to my mind when I read his last post, but now...
Contrary

Secret

Postby Jeannine Stergios » Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:13 pm

Mark wrote:

Having just bothered to read your tirade at Barnes, I now know exactly who you are DA.

How's business?

Come on Mark, let us in on your BIG secret. I am dying to know who DA is so I can give him the Best posting of the week award. :lol:
REPUBLICAN - BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE CAN BE ON WELFARE
Jeannine Stergios

Postby Muriel Lortie » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:21 pm

Devils Advocate wrote:You sound more and more like the people who are no longer representing our voices' in the town of Merrimack.

And you sound like a bitter old women that can't move on with her life.
"Our voices in town" how would you know who no longer represents "Our voices" I think not Muriel, and certainly hope not. I guess only time will tell.

Hey Devil's Advocate,

Bitter, Nah! I worked my butt off to clean up this town. I succeeded. :D
Last edited by Muriel Lortie on Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Muriel Lortie

Re: Secret

Postby Muriel Lortie » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:35 pm

Jeannine Stergios wrote:Mark wrote:

How's business?

Come on Mark, let us in on your BIG secret. I am dying to know who DA is so I can give him the Best posting of the week award. :lol:

Hey Jeannine,
Even though you lost the election to serve on the BC, I was wondering if you plan on or have sent in a letter of intent to serve on one of the open seats? :lol:
Muriel Lortie

Postby Devils Advocate » Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:13 pm

How's business?

Business is wonderful.
Devils Advocate

Brag

Postby Jeannine Stergios » Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:33 pm

Muriel

Hey Devil's Advocate,

Bitter, Nah! I worked my butt off to clean up this town. I succeeded.

I wouldn't brag if I were you.
REPUBLICAN - BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE CAN BE ON WELFARE
Jeannine Stergios

Previous

Return to Solid Waste, Landfill & Recycling