Shea-Porter and earmarks

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Shea-Porter and earmarks

Postby platypusman » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:31 am

She spends taxpayer monies and yet will not be open about it. I urge all to vote against Shea-Porter this fall. Here are the facts.

“Congresswoman Carol Shea-Porter says she won't disclose her ‘earmark’ spending requests until they're acted upon.” (Etienne Vallée, “Carol Shea-Porter Wants To Make A Difference,” Carroll County Independent , March 15, 2007)

Shea-Porter’s spokesperson makes the eyebrow-raising claim that there is a difference between “good” and “bad” earmarks, but Shea-Porter calls all of hers “perfectly legitimate, good things to do.” (Adam D. Krauss, “Shea-Porter Won’t Disclose Earmarks,” Foster’s Daily Democrat , June 25, 2007).
platypusman

Re: Shea-Porter and earmarks

Postby Jeannine Stergios » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:09 pm

platypus

According to the latest polls I saw she is behind Jeb Bradley by 10 points. Looks like people have been paying attention.
REPUBLICAN - BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE CAN BE ON WELFARE
Jeannine Stergios

Postby platypusman » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:54 pm

I can only hope this movement grows. Shea-Porter has not represented the district well.
platypusman

Postby RBarnes » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:21 am

Jeannine Stergios wrote:According to the latest polls I saw she is behind Jeb Bradley by 10 points. Looks like people have been paying attention.

When you consider that Liberals usually lead in polls prior to labor day (Obama is the first presidential candidate in more then 30 years to start falling behind this early) the signs are showing a very bad Nov for liberals.
$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found
RBarnes

Postby RBarnes » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:25 am

Even Democrats who campaigns for her and pushed to help get her elected are turning on her...

http://www.cmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a ... /OPINION03
$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found
RBarnes

Return to State Politics