Auf Wiedersehen

Beer Fridays (wine and mixed drinks allowed too)

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Auf Wiedersehen

Postby M@ » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:48 pm

We moved out of Merrimack a couple weeks ago - after about 8 years of living on Spruce St.

The move was mostly due to our desire for a bigger house, but partially because the town decided to put a Mall up around the corner from where we were trying to raise our kids. I guess thanks are in order to Chelsea, the Planning Board, and 55% of the town for getting us to get our act in gear and pull up the roots. It was a painful and expensive process.

To those who said I shouldn't have bought a house next to a undeveloped piece of land: Before making an offer on the house I looked at the zoning map and saw it - and called town hall and talked to the town manager about it and was assured it was zoned industrial. I have no problem living next to everything that is allowed in the industrial zone, because they use their property during the times I am not using mine - and their great big parking lots are a ton of fun to bike and launch model rockets from.

I already miss my neighbors - we had become friends.

Good luck Merrimack.

M@
M@

Re: Auf Wiedersehen

Postby RD » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:13 pm

I'm sad to hear it, but I'm happy for you and your family for going to a better place. You've joined the legions that the town of Merrimack has managed to drive away, for one reason or another.
"If you think teachers are your enemy, you should probably reassess who you think your friends are." - Chris Larson
RD

Re: Auf Wiedersehen

Postby Debra Huffman » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:21 pm

Good luck, M@. You'll be missed.
Debra Huffman

Return to The Common Folk