Private Area?

Beer Fridays (wine and mixed drinks allowed too)

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Private Area?

Postby Debra Huffman » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:04 pm

Is this what's being called the "Private Area"? I know only some people see the Common Man area, so are we the cool kids or what?

It's fine with me, as long as I'm included. :)
Debra Huffman

Re: Private Area?

Postby M@ » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:44 pm

The original idea was to only allow access to people who showed up at a Common Man Friday - but those haven't been happening as often as planned... so membership is pretty low. Still, I like the idea of it being non-anon's only who have the guts to show up to a public meeting.

It is a private area though - only those on the list that Nat manages can see or get in.

M@
M@

Postby Tom Williams » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:10 pm

Can non-moderators see the list of users for this area? The only thing I can find is in a post near the beginning, I think M@ cut & pasted the list into it.
Tom Williams
"Treating businesses and affluent people as prey, rather than assets, often pays off politically in the short run-- and elections are held in the short run." -- Thomas Sowell
Tom Williams

Postby lynn » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:24 pm

can we make this area viewable to anyone while limiting posters to known individuals?
This way we have multiple topics contained under this topic similar to General Town topics
lynn

Postby Nat Fairbanks » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:25 pm

lynn wrote:can we make this area viewable to anyone while limiting posters to known individuals?
This way we have multiple topics contained under this topic similar to General Town topics

This section is currently configured that way (any registered user should be able to read posts in here, while only those users who are members of the "Common Folk" group have the ability to post in here.

-Nat
Nat Fairbanks

Return to The Common Folk