Access to the new video clips

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Access to the new video clips

Postby Norman Phillips » Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:34 pm

Nat-----would it be useful to start a new category--VIDEOS------so that the current topics, Town, School, State------are not inflated by the new video posts?
Sincerely, Norm Phillips
Norman Phillips

Postby Nat Fairbanks » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:12 am

If enough people find them distracting in the main posting area I'll create a video topic and move them there, but I only anticipate 3-5 videos a week (5 videos is tough to process in a week right now). Considering that we only see a few new topics a week it shouldn't be too hard for even the occasional visitor to find the other posts. However if people do find it distracting please reply to this and let me know.

-Nat
Nat Fairbanks

Postby Brian McCarthy » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:13 am

For me, it wouldn't be a the distraction factor that would make me do it, its having them under one section that would make them easier to find - you know, for all the Holiday viewing enjoyment they provide :-)

Thanks Nat !

Brian
Brian McCarthy

Postby Tim Tenhave » Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:16 am

Hi Nat,

I agree with Brian :)

Not to derail this topic, but is there a handy dandy FAQ or something that can tell me how to download a particular video from google and have it in a form I can use an off-line viewer with?

Thanks for educating the video impaired :oops:

Tim
Tim Tenhave

Postby Nat Fairbanks » Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:38 am

Tim Tenhave wrote:Not to derail this topic, but is there a handy dandy FAQ or something that can tell me how to download a particular video from google and have it in a form I can use an off-line viewer with?

Click on the link to the google video you want to download such as
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 0382&hl=en
Then on the right hand side a little ways from the top click on the "download" button after selecting your viewing platform of choice.

This button will cause several other links to appear. The first will be a link titled "download the video". For the video above it is
http://video.google.com/videogvp/townco ... 3178440382
The second will be to the Google video player
http://video.google.com/GoogleVideoPlayerSetup.exe
(if you download the Ipod/PSP format it might not appear or be needed)

Download both of them, install the Google Video Player, and use it to watch the videos. Or download them and watch on your video Ipod or Sony PSP. Firefox users can also just install one of a large number of video download extensions such as "DownloadHelper", "Ook? Video Ook!", or several others. VideoLAN (http://www.videolan.org/) can play Ipod & PSP format video as well, it might also supoort google video player format. It's a cross platform (Windows, Mac, Linux) video player that comes with built in support for almost every DRM free video format out there.

-Nat
Nat Fairbanks

Postby RBarnes » Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:22 am

Brian McCarthy wrote:For me, it wouldn't be a the distraction factor that would make me do it, its having them under one section that would make them easier to find - you know, for all the Holiday viewing enjoyment they provide :-)

Thanks Nat !

Brian

Brian, you took the words right out of my mouth!

It would be very nice to know exactly where to find them without having to search through 20 threads to find the handful of meeting video threads.
$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found
RBarnes

Postby Nat Fairbanks » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:08 pm

Color me convinced.

-Nat
Nat Fairbanks

Postby Ann Goldman » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:30 pm

Hi Nat,
Any chance we can get the video of the Planning Board's meeting of December 5 ? I was there and it was five hours long but I don't remember seeing it offered on cable at all. This was the Melton Development meeting.

Thanks,
Annie
Ann Goldman

Postby Nat Fairbanks » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:47 pm

Sorry, no chance. As far as I can tell it never aired as a repeat, and thus I never recorded it.

-Nat
Nat Fairbanks

Postby Tim Tenhave » Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:56 pm

Hi Nat,

Thanks for the great info!

Wishing you and yours a very merry and a happy happy,

Tim
Tim Tenhave

Return to Meeting Videos