Merrimack Planning Board meeting 11/14/06 [video]

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Merrimack Planning Board meeting 11/14/06 [video]

Postby Nat Fairbanks » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:47 pm

<embed id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=6027917557330632416&hl=en" flashvars=""> </embed>

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 2416&hl=en

Major Agenda items

4. Dennis High – Review for possible final approval of an application proposing a 6-lot
conventional subdivision in the R-Residential District, located at 41 Bedford Rd. Parcel
lies within the Aquifer Conservation District and the Wellhead Protection Area. Tax Map
Parcel 6D/232. This item is continued from the October 24, 2006 hearing.
5. C&K Realty/Able Crane – Review for Acceptance and consideration for possible Final
Approval of a request for waiver of full site plan review of application to amend a
previously approved site plan, for a proposed 30 foot by 50 foot building addition. Parcel
lies within the I-1 Industrial District, and the Aquifer Conservation District, located at 12
Star Dr. Tax Map Parcel 3D-1/010.
6. Chesapeake Development/Twin Bridge Place – Review for Acceptance of subdivision
application, and possible Final Approval, for condominium conveyance of premises
depicted on a previously approved site plan in the R-Residential District, located at 501
D.W. Highway. Parcel lies within the Aquifer Conservation District, the Town Center
Overlay District, and the Elderly Overlay District. Tax Map Parcel 5D-3/113.
7. Gawthorp/McClintock – Review for Acceptance, and possible Final Approval, of an
application for a proposed 2-lot conventional subdivision in the R-Residential District,
located at 26 Wire Rd. Parcel lies within the Aquifer Conservation District. Tax Map
Parcel 6D/530.
8. Omnipoint PCS Wireless Communication Tower – Approval of tower removal bond
amount posted for property located at 43 Baboosic Lake Road. Tax Map Parcel 5D-3/001.

-Nat
Nat Fairbanks

Postby M@ » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:02 pm

How did that get up on google video? That's really kewl - even though I'm in it and HATE seeing myself in video (usually).

M@
M@

Postby Nat Fairbanks » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:04 pm

M@ wrote:How did that get up on google video? That's really kewl - even though I'm in it and HATE seeing myself in video (usually).

Someone here might have a media center pc along with cable tv. That someone might have decided to see how difficult it would be to record and upload video that should be considered part of the public record of government. I (oops did I just identify that someone? :) ) might also be planning on scripting the process to make it pretty much automatic at some point.

But first let's see what if any reaction the community has to this before I spend the time to automate the process.

-Nat
Nat Fairbanks

Postby David McCray » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:22 am

Nat I applaud your efforts to make public meetings as accessible to the public as possible.

Great Idea.

One great benefit is that it allows people who dont have cable to view meetings at their convenience.

Another great benefit is that it allows people with cable to view the meetings at their convenience, instead of trying to catch it when it plays on Channel 20.

Public meetings are public meetings and anyone attending one should have an expectation in the year 2006 that if they are being recorded by anyone, even if the original recording is intended to reach a specific audience that they could end up being broadcast anywhere in the world.

The Information Highway strikes again.

If the town can do anything to help with this process I encourage you to place an item on an upcoming town council agenda.

Thanks
Dave
David McCray

Postby RBarnes » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:58 am

Dave, one additional benefit I see is this will help prevent distorting of what actually happens. After all we’ve all had times when we watch a meeting and walk away with a take on it and then talk to someone else in town who was at or saw the same meeting and they recall something totally different then the way you recall it.
$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found
RBarnes

Postby Debra Huffman » Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:57 pm

Excellent. Thanks Nat.

One question - is it my imagination or is the quality of this video not equal to the TC meeting video you posted a few days ago? I'm not complaining, it's still a great service.
Debra Huffman

Postby Nat Fairbanks » Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:14 pm

Debra Huffman wrote:One question - is it my imagination or is the quality of this video not equal to the TC meeting video you posted a few days ago? I'm not complaining, it's still a great service.

This video is MUCH more compressed than the town council clip I posted. That clip was 25 minutes of video in an 85 MB file. This clip is 135 minutes of video in a 200 MB file. It's a little more compressed than I would like, but the original recording of this meeting was 4500 MB and there's no way I could upload a file that size. Next time I plan on compressing the video to a target file size of 350 MB or so. It's all a work in progress, and feedback along the way is greatly appreciated.

-Nat
Nat Fairbanks

Postby JMac1000 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:16 pm

Could we have channels 20-22 available live online?
JMac1000

Postby Nat Fairbanks » Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:34 pm

Jamie MacFarland wrote:Could we have channels 20-22 available live online?

Not through me. Due to copyright concerns I'm only planning on doing meetings online. Channel 22 is totally out of consideration, since I imagine the people producing their own shows still own the copyright. Channel 21 airs stuff other than the school board meetings, which is likely held under other copyrights. Channel 20 seems to be good to be broadcast online, but the text of the between shows scrollers might be a concern, and the music they broadcast during them absolutely is a concern.

-Nat
Nat Fairbanks

Postby M@ » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:37 pm

I think it rocks Nat : Not sure why I do it, but I tend to write down the start/end times of the agenda items - it might prove usefull to have it as an index to the video's you post. I can't figure out how to provide links to timestamps instide google video - but if that can be tapped it would be very kewl to link to "quotes" directly in the live video.

M@
M@

Postby Nat Fairbanks » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:43 am

M@ wrote:I think it rocks Nat : Not sure why I do it, but I tend to write down the start/end times of the agenda items - it might prove usefull to have it as an index to the video's you post. I can't figure out how to provide links to timestamps instide google video - but if that can be tapped it would be very kewl to link to "quotes" directly in the live video.

I think you want to do something like one of these

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... &hl=en#56s

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... l=en#6m12s

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... en#1h5m10s

Note the # sign followed by a number of (h)ours, (m)inutes and (s)econds.

(nothing special about the times I chose, just random times)

-Nat
Nat Fairbanks

Postby M@ » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:10 am

Bingo Nat, that's excatly what I was thinking. We could post stuff like:

At last week's planning board meeting, Mr. Sheppard made a silly change to the minutes:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... =en#13m17s

M@
M@

Return to Meeting Videos