Tree Service Sugestions.

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Tree Service Sugestions.

Postby Ed Vogel » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:00 am

I'd like to have a number of large trees removed from around my house.

Any suggestions about which tree service company to use (or not use) would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Ed Vogel
Ed Vogel

Re: Tree Service Sugestions.

Postby lynn » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:31 pm

hi Ed,
make sure you fully understand what they will do for free or for a fee
many of the ones that take down for free take the trunks and leave you
with a mess
also ask about stumps
lynn

Postby Brian McCarthy » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:19 pm

Ed Vogel wrote:I'd like to have a number of large trees removed from around my house.

Any suggestions about which tree service company to use (or not use) would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Ed Vogel

http://www.treescompanyllc.com/

Several years ago they took down several dead trees next to my house. Had someone come and take the left over logs (I don't have a fire place).

Brian
Brian McCarthy

Postby Scott Kepnes » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:25 pm

We hired Hirko's to remove a tree that fell on our house during one of the wind-storms. We also had them take down a couple other big trees that were close to the house while they were there. They did a great job. I would definitely use them again.

http://www.hirkostreeservice.com/contact.php

Scott
Scott Kepnes

Postby cosmo » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:58 am

I've used Hirko's a couple of times in the past and will likely be using them again soon.
cosmo

Postby tastyratz » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:45 am

I just wanted to add in my experience with Hirko's today. I called after seeing this thread and had him come out a half hour ago to see a couple trees I was curious about taking down.

Showed up on time, gave me a lot of valuable information and told me the trees I thought might be a danger were not a problem at all. Honest, straightforward, and told me he did not want to take my money for something I did not need professional service on. Real class act and I would ABSOLUTELY look to him on ANY service I need in the future. You do not find many businesses that have that honesty these days.
tastyratz

Postby Ed Vogel » Thu May 26, 2011 9:01 am

I just wanted to thank everyone who replied.

I agree with everything everyone said about Hirko.

With that said we decided to go with Atomic. A local contractor we know recommended them, They were a bit more professional (giving a written estimate instead of a verbal one), and the price was just a bit better.

They came this week and did a very good job.

Again, thanks,

Ed
Ed Vogel

Postby Linda Nickerson » Thu May 26, 2011 3:29 pm

Atomic is great...we always used them when we lived in MKO. At least one of them live in town too...
Linda Nickerson

Postby ggkrupp » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:16 am

I appreciate all of the advice in this thread. I had a large tree job and had all of the companies mentioned in this thread submit a bid for it. In the end we went with McGuinness Tree Service (http://www.mcguinnesstree.com/). They were a little pricey but they were very good and took everything away (tree, limbs, etc.) ... because we had 32+ trees removed, that was worth the extra $500 to us. Their equipment was impressive and they finished the job unbelievably fast and they did a fantastic job cleaning up after the job. We were very satisfied.
Gary G. Krupp

America is a Constitutional Republic, not a Democracy (thankfully) :-)
ggkrupp

Postby cosmo » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:45 am

I actually used McGuinness on my recent tree job too. I got several quotes and ended up choosing them to do 20 large pines and some oaks. They own their own 90 ton crane and quite impressive to watch.
cosmo

Postby Speeder » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:40 pm

Just curious, but how much did 20 large pine and some oaks cost to have taken down?
Speeder

Return to For Sale or Trade / Wanted / Local Business info