Neat Auto Sales - Merrimack

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Neat Auto Sales - Merrimack

Postby Mark Cloutier » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:01 am

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone has any pros/cons they'd like to share about Neat Auto Sales in Merrimack, accros from Merrimack Vision Care.
I'm looking for a used vehicle and stopped in today.
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark Cloutier

Re: Neat Auto Sales - Merrimack

Postby lynn » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:39 am

not there - but we have gone a little further south and
bought from S&J Motors - across from the old nashua corp facility
south of Digital Credit union and the YMCA
lynn

Postby TonyRichardson » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:33 am

I have never bought a car from them although I have used one of their other services.

Brought my wife's car in for detailing (gift for her) and was pleased with their work.

They did a good job and the car was ready when promised.
Liberalism - What happens when emotional reactions are confused with and substituted for facts and reason.
TonyRichardson

Postby andysinnh » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:21 am

Having gone thru an extended period of searching for a used car this past spring, the net-net is two aspects - the quality/history of the specific car, and how willing the dealer is to stand behind what they sell. I looked at a few cars that Neat had on their lot, and didn't find one that really made me comfortable, mostly from a history perspective (CARfax and any other history is provided here). Many times a dealer will offer a 2 week or 30 day warranty limited to major items - other times it's just a "taillight warranty" (meaning once they can't see your tail lights any longer, the warranty is over). So you have to gauge that as well. But the most important factor is the specific vehicle and the starting point.

For me, after looking at every dealer in the southern NH tier, I ended up finding a decent used vehicle with a solid history that happened to be at Sunnyside's used lot near the Bud plant in Merrimack. And to me, what convinced me to buy there, was the "certified" warranty they provided, such that for the next 6k miles, if anything major went wrong, it'd be covered - which was important as my son used the car to drive all summer to Mass for a co-op job. To me, that was important along with a solid car with a documented history.

But it's really up to you - if you don't care about the warranty and just looking for a good price, then places like Neat are definitely a good place to go - because "what you see is what you get" with the car. But trust me - take out a CARfax subscription to look up the history of the cars you're interested in - you'd be shocked where some of the "clean" cars really come from....

andy
Andy Schneider
andysinnh

Postby Child » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:46 pm

Andy, I have not heard good things about Neat. Please try another reputable car dealership such as S&J, if you want to buy local. There is also a very good dealership in Salem NH, right on Broadway, across from T-Bones Restaurant. It is called High line Auto Sales. The owner is a Merrimack resident that has lived here all his life...If you want the website I will send..They have a good reputation.
Child

Postby dcali » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:56 am

We would like comment on the great customer service when purchasing a car from Neat Auto for our daughter. It is important for us for her to be in a safe and reliable car. We appreciate the extra effort to put her in the right car and she is really enjoying the Jetta.
We would recommend Neat Auto when looking to buy a used car. Walter & Julie Morse
dcali

Return to For Sale or Trade / Wanted / Local Business info