Is America safer?

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Do you believe America is safer than it was four years ago?

Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes : 11

Is America safer?

Postby RD » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:59 am

I don't think America is safer than it was four years ago. One of the main reasons is that with so many military resources tied up in Iraq, we have weakened our ability to respond to crises that may arise elsewhere.

Another main reason is that instead of concentrating on destabilizing al Qaeda where they are (i.e. Pakistan), this administration is concentrating more on limiting Americans' liberties.

A third big reason is the lessening of America's influence and credibility around the world under the Bush administration.
"If you think teachers are your enemy, you should probably reassess who you think your friends are." - Chris Larson
RD

Re: Is America safer?

Postby TCF » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:34 am

RD wrote:I don't think America is safer than it was four years ago. One of the main reasons is that with so many military resources tied up in Iraq, we have weakened our ability to respond to crises that may arise elsewhere.

Another main reason is that instead of concentrating on destabilizing al Qaeda where they are (i.e. Pakistan), this administration is concentrating more on limiting Americans' liberties.

A third big reason is the lessening of America's influence and credibility around the world under the Bush administration.

Yes its safer, no attacks since 9/11, Put Obama in office and I can almost guarantee you there will be another attack within the next 4 years. By the way has anyone told you GW is not running for office.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
TCF

Postby RD » Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:18 pm

TCF wrote:Put Obama in office and I can almost guarantee you there will be another attack within the next 4 years.

Do you have any facts to back up this extremely bizarre claim? Or are you actually planning to commit an attack if Obama gets elected?
"If you think teachers are your enemy, you should probably reassess who you think your friends are." - Chris Larson
RD

Postby TCF » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:00 pm

RD wrote:
TCF wrote:Put Obama in office and I can almost guarantee you there will be another attack within the next 4 years.

Do you have any facts to back up this extremely bizarre claim? Or are you actually planning to commit an attack if Obama gets elected?

Facts who needs facts, haven't you listned to all the talking points of terrorists and dictators throughout the world in the past few years. Right out of the democratic playbook. I am surprised the DNC is not trying to register them to vote for the upcoming election.
TCF

Postby andysinnh » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:31 pm

TCF wrote:
RD wrote:

Facts who needs facts, haven't you listned to all the talking points of terrorists and dictators throughout the world in the past few years. Right out of the democratic playbook. I am surprised the DNC is not trying to register them to vote for the upcoming election.

FUD - pure and simple - tactic been in use forever. TCF, you'll say anything to either support your candidate, or in this case, slander another.
Let's see - no terrorist attacks since 2001 - and you guarantee as long as a repub is in office it won't happen again? Hmm - methinks a repub WAS in office for the 9/11 attacks........
Andy Schneider
andysinnh

Postby Wizard » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:39 pm

Let's see - no terrorist attacks since 2001 - and you guarantee as long as a repub is in office it won't happen again? Hmm - methinks a repub WAS in office for the 9/11 attacks........[/quote]

But who had Osama in his gun sight and didn't take the shot when the opportunity arose? I think it was Bill Clinton.
Wizard

Postby TCF » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:41 pm

Andy, I speak the truth, and of course coming from a lib it was GW's fault like everyhing else in the lefts mind. I burned my toast for breakfast today. If only GW put some kind of bill forth to prevent burnt toast. The truth is Andy, listen to some of Obama's oops I mean Osamas audio, so easy to confuse those two. They literally are out of the liberal play book. It's not the right that wanted to raise the white flag and surrender. It's not the right invested in defeat saying we can't win. Listen to some of the audio from the leader of Iran, you would swear he belongs at the democratic national convention saying his speech right after Hillary. No I won't guarantee if a republican gets in there will not be another attack, because unfortunatly their is no republican running for office this time around. We have a choice between two liberals. But at least one understands and gets it as far as terrorism is concerned. The chosen one thinks he can talk to these nutjob leaders of Iran, Venezualy, Cuba and any hitler type out there and all will be well because in his mind he is god. So yes I will guarantee an attack on our soil if the chosen one is elected. But frankly liberalism is more of a danger to this country than any terrorist organization.
TCF

Postby TCF » Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:54 pm

RD wrote:I don't think America is safer than it was four years ago. One of the main reasons is that with so many military resources tied up in Iraq, we have weakened our ability to respond to crises that may arise elsewhere.

RD you better get on the phone and call all your liberal friends. Your poll so far is not working the way you expected. Don't worry though, a few phone calls and I'm sure you can get this poll turned around in your favor.

By the way RD, what liberties have you personally lost since GW has been in office?
Let me see, eminant domain, take your home no matter what? Oh yea a liberal supreme court did that.
Put your seatbelt on, oh yea another lib idea put forth the gov't protecting me.
Helmet laws, oops another lib agenda,
No smoking in bar rooms, oops more libs BS.
cap and trade, make sure I keep track of my carbon footprint have to go out and buy those squiggly light bulbs and check my tires. (O's energy plan) while Pelozi turns out the lights. More lib BS.
New Orleans, a perfect example of a state run by libs for decades, Detroit another one.
Personal liberties, every day the left is trying to take away personal liberties.
TCF

Postby andysinnh » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:22 pm

TCF wrote:So yes I will guarantee an attack on our soil if the chosen one is elected. But frankly liberalism is more of a danger to this country than any terrorist organization.

F U D

Keep feeding it, dude.
Andy Schneider
andysinnh

Postby TCF » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:50 pm

andysinnh wrote:
TCF wrote:So yes I will guarantee an attack on our soil if the chosen one is elected. But frankly liberalism is more of a danger to this country than any terrorist organization.

F U D

Keep feeding it, dude.

The truth hurts doesn't it?
TCF

Postby andysinnh » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:17 pm

TCF wrote:
andysinnh wrote:

F U D

Keep feeding it, dude.

The truth hurts doesn't it?

this isn't truth - but rather just "Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt" about your view of "reality". It was 8 years from the first WTC attack to the second one. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that a terrorist organization will try to figure a different way to create havoc with some interest of the United States - the level of attack, location, and severity are the only questions. But what really ticks me off is your broken record belief that the election of anyone else besides a republican president will make this a reality. I'm willing to bet that if McCain is elected, anything that was in-plan to occur would do so just the same. And remember this - the sitting president actually doesn't have much to do with whether an attack will happen, but rather the working/planning/policies in the years leading up to it. Planning during the Reagan years and then occurred during Clinton's admin, then planning during the clinton years and happened during the Bush admin. Based on your FUD logic, planning during the Bush years and happening during ANY admin is more a reality than just one particular party vs another.

You want to be a "doom and gloom" dude with a lib president? I contend the die has already been cast - if it is to be cast at all.....

That, sir, is the truth - and it can hurt all of us. Regardless of who is in the Oval office on 21-jan-2009....
Andy Schneider
andysinnh

Return to National Politics