Who was the first MF person to buy Corsti's new book?

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Who was first to buy the book?

Jeannine
14%
Platy
57%
TCF
No votes
Ken Coleman
14%
Karl Rove
No votes
GW's understudy (McCain)
14%
None of the above
No votes

Total votes : 7

Who was the first MF person to buy Corsti's new book?

Postby Michael Thompson » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:08 pm

Has anyone read the book yet? If you have can I borrow it?
"I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it." Thomas Jefferson
Michael Thompson

Re: Who was the first MF person to buy Corsti's new book?

Postby Michael Thompson » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:19 pm

Hopefully everyone on the list knows that I'm just joking around. I should have added me to the list also.
"I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it." Thomas Jefferson
Michael Thompson

Postby RBarnes » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:41 am

Mike, you have a typo in the name. It's Corsi without the T.

I wasn't sure who it was you were talking about at first. For the record, he's the author of the very damning Obama book called Obama Nation.

By the way he's already receiving death threats from the Obama supporters.
$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found
RBarnes

Postby RD » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:52 am

At first I thought MF stood for something else, then I realized you meant Merrimack Forum. :lol:

My vote goes to the platypus because I doubt Jeannine is interested in reading it, and I doubt TCF reads much of anything besides comic books and Playboy.
"If you think teachers are your enemy, you should probably reassess who you think your friends are." - Chris Larson
RD

Postby RBarnes » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:40 am

RD wrote:My vote goes to the platypus because I doubt Jeannine is interested in reading it, and I doubt TCF reads much of anything besides comic books and Playboy.

Hey now, some of those Playboy articles are very intellectual :wink:
$DO || ! $DO ; try
RBarnes

Postby TCF » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:04 pm

RD wrote:At first I thought MF stood for something else, then I realized you meant Merrimack Forum. :lol:

My vote goes to the platypus because I doubt Jeannine is interested in reading it, and I doubt TCF reads much of anything besides comic books and Playboy.

Archie, and Beetle Baily, and of course Richie Rich, because he is an evil conservative.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
TCF

Postby RBarnes » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:26 pm

TCF wrote:Archie, and Beetle Baily, and of course Richie Rich, because he is an evil conservative.

No way, Archie is left wing trash that supports homosexuality!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
$DO || ! $DO ; try
RBarnes

Postby Andy Sylvia » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:34 pm

RBarnes wrote:
TCF wrote:Archie, and Beetle Baily, and of course Richie Rich, because he is an evil conservative.

lol, Rick maybe he meant Veronica rather than Archie -- I hear she's pretty loaded ;-)
Andy Sylvia

Postby TCF » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:36 pm

Andy Sylvia wrote:
RBarnes wrote:

lol, Rick maybe he meant Veronica rather than Archie -- I hear she's pretty loaded ;-)

No Bettys the cute one.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
TCF

Postby Wayne » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:15 pm

RBarnes wrote:For the record, he's the author of the very damning Obama book called Obama Nation.

Are there any untruths in this book? You bet. Here are 40 pages of text refuting many of the inaccuracies and good old fashioned lies in the book. Although Corsi probably doesn't care - he's making a fortune off all the suckers out there. If you're reading the book, and are honestly seeking the facts, then you owe it to yourself to check this out too.
Wayne

Postby platypusman » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:59 pm

Wayne wrote:
RBarnes wrote:For the record, he's the author of the very damning Obama book called Obama Nation.

Are there any untruths in this book? You bet. Here are 40 pages of text refuting many of the inaccuracies and good old fashioned lies in the book. Although Corsi probably doesn't care - he's making a fortune off all the suckers out there. If you're reading the book, and are honestly seeking the facts, then you owe it to yourself to check this out too.

How do we know this source is any more truthful than the original work, how do we really know who is the sucker?

I am very leery of the rebuttal given the cover of the document. It says the original was brought to you buy the “Bush Cheney Attack Machine”. My goodness, the anti-bush feeling on the left is pathological. Bush is not even running in this election. Guess who published this work, Paid for by Obama for America. Now that is an unbaised source???

I would have to discount this rebuttal given the prejudicial source.
platypusman

Postby Wayne » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:23 pm

platypusman wrote:How do we know this source is any more truthful than the original work, how do we really know who is the sucker?

Every rebuttal is documented with the source of the information. If you read some of the analysis you would know that. But as I said, this is only for people honestly seeking the truth, and therefore I don't imagine you are someone who will read it.
Wayne

Postby platypusman » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:36 pm

Wayne wrote:
platypusman wrote:How do we know this source is any more truthful than the original work, how do we really know who is the sucker?

Every rebuttal is documented with the source of the information. If you read some of the analysis you would know that. But as I said, this is only for people honestly seeking the truth, and therefore I don't imagine you are someone who will read it.

Likewise, looking at the book the claims are sourced and in fact, the book has 700 footnotes. How does one determine which is incorrect?

I still have a difficult time when the rebuttal is from Obama's supporters. It would be better if it was from an independent source.

Also, the New York Times is cited in the rebuttal which is not a stellar resource given its problems. The Jayson Blair case comes to mind.

Can anyone point to a unbaised review of the book?
platypusman

Postby Wayne » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:40 pm

Of course you would rather believe someone that hates Obama, rather than allowing the accused to even respond. Many of Corsi's footnotes are demonstrated/explained to be groundless. I repeat, this rebuttal is not for you...your mind is already made up.
Wayne

Postby RD » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:16 am

Wayne wrote:I repeat, this rebuttal is not for you...your mind is already made up.

"Closed" would be a better description.
"If you think teachers are your enemy, you should probably reassess who you think your friends are." - Chris Larson
RD

Return to National Politics