This topic - Obama without teleprompter

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

This topic - Obama without teleprompter

Postby platypusman » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:02 pm

This guy cracks me up. This is why he is afraid to have a town meeting with McCain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S47sO1TCVmE
platypusman

Re: This topic - Obama without teleprompter

Postby TCF » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:08 pm

platypusman wrote:This guy cracks me up. This is why he is afraid to have a town meeting with McCain.

You are exactly right, Im glad someone is paying attention. This man doesn't have an original thought, he is full of uh uh uh uh. Take away the teleprompt and he is clueless. And they said GW was a bad speaker. But people are waking up, even normal libs are starting to see through this man. Of course normal libs on this forum is an oxymoron. You will never get through to them.
Liberalism is a mental disorder.
TCF

Postby RBarnes » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:57 am

platypusman wrote:This guy cracks me up. This is why he is afraid to have a town meeting with McCain.

Based on the audio I heard the other day when a reporter actually challenged him with a tough question and instead of answering he took the defense saying he didn't realize the reporter was going to debate in place of McCain, I'm guessing we're going to see a far different side of Obama come the debates with McCain.

In the Democratic debates he had to debate other democrats to win over democrats... he didn't get drilled that badly. Debating a republican in an attempt to win over independents and centrist republicans is going to be a whole new ball game and based on these clips and others showing Obama falling flat when he went off the script I think we'll see a far different Obama then the polished glam boy the press have painted him out as thus far.
$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found
RBarnes

Postby Michael Pelletier » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:33 am

... a reporter actually challenged him with a tough question and instead of answering he took the defense saying he didn't realize the reporter was going to debate in place of McCain, ...

I suppose he was just shocked that the reporter didn't genuflect and kiss his ring, his accustomed interaction.

Cue the harps and choir...
Michael Pelletier

Postby RBarnes » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:32 pm

Found a transcript of the Q&A I mentioned...

RALSTON: I guess what the American people want to know though Senator, is what is the real difference between you and John McCain. You are running this ad tying him to the industry saying that he has taken all of these contributions, but as you well know there is a story out today about how you supported the Dick Cheney bill and he opposed it. That bill gave subsidies to the oil and gas companies, John McCain opposed the bill saying those are tax breaks for those companies, Barack Obama favored it.

SEN. OBAMA: Hold on a second Jon, I thought I was talking to you instead of debating John McCain, but I am happy to let you serve as his proxy. The fact of the matter is that I supported that energy bill saying at the time that those tax breaks were wrong but also recognizing that this was the largest investment in alternative energy in history. And that it was important for us, for the solar industry to get off the ground in places like Nevada, for to get wind kicked off the ground, that that was something that we had to do and I immediately said during that time and subsequently that we should strip out those tax breaks for oil companies. I would point out that in December of last year, we had a vote to strip out those tax breaks for oil companies, there was one Senator that did not vote on that measure, and that was John McCain.

Found here http://hotair.com/archives/2008/08/06/o ... -a-debate/

The part I put in bold is very telling because Democrats blast Bush for not doing anything yet here Obama is stating the the plan Chaney and Bush came up with was the largest investment in alternative energy in history. So which is it? Are republicans pushing for alternative energy or not?
$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found
RBarnes

Return to National Politics