The privatization of government

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

The privatization of government

Postby RD » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:54 pm

I heard a very interesting discussion on this topic on the radio tonight, and thought I'd share it. If you go to the following link, and click the "listen now" link, you'll hear this short, but insightful interview:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... d=93253890
"If you think teachers are your enemy, you should probably reassess who you think your friends are." - Chris Larson
RD

Re: The privatization of government

Postby platypusman » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:47 pm

RD it says the object of the link is missing.

Can you please provide color commentary on the gist of what was said? I hope it was supporting the dismantling of big government.
platypusman

Postby RD » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:57 pm

platypusman wrote:RD it says the object of the link is missing.

I'm not having any trouble opening the link and when I click the "listen now" link, I get the audio. Anyone else having trouble with this link?

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... d=93253890

This forum truncates links in posts, so you can't just select, copy, and paste it. You'll have to either click it, or right-click and open it in a new window or tab...
"If you think teachers are your enemy, you should probably reassess who you think your friends are." - Chris Larson
RD

Postby Linda Nickerson » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:05 pm

I had to allow popups from the site in order for the LISTEN NOW link to work.....
Linda Nickerson

Postby platypusman » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:48 pm

The talk was weak in that I heard no data to reinforce the speaker's thesis – he says privatization is bad but why? Everything I read shows that Government is better off having services delivered by private industry.

However, he did a good job at showing the strong direction we have been following. I would hope Lynch would look at outsourcing bureaucrats especially at HHS. However, my hopes may be dashed as the number of state employees grew (New Hampshire 3.8% ) from 2002 to 2007.
platypusman

Return to National Politics