McCain takes the low road

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

McCain takes the low road

Postby RD » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:34 pm

Watch as Obama takes the high road with his response to McCain:

http://www.necn.com/Boston/Politics/Oba ... 24509.html

It is also a very appropriate response to the right-wing attack hacks on this very forum.
"If you think teachers are your enemy, you should probably reassess who you think your friends are." - Chris Larson
RD

Re: McCain takes the low road

Postby Jeannine Stergios » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:10 pm

RD

He says we should be having a serious debate. Well why isn't he taking McCain up on his invitation to do weekly town hall meetings with him? If he wants a debate then he should be willing to do so. People fall for this guy's smooth talk that is nothing more than empty rhetoric.
REPUBLICAN - BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE CAN BE ON WELFARE
Jeannine Stergios

Postby T Dutton » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:41 pm

They both need to get over themselves knock off the negitive junk both sides are doing and start plannning as many debates as possible. Speeches and town meetings mean nothing. Many of those "town meetings questions" are rigged and by invite only.

Off topic:
RD (and other Left wingers) how about answering the question about the right or wrong antics of the democratic leadership in turning off the lights and microphones as well as not allowing CSPAN to show the current chamber. Do you approve? A yes or no answer will do

I call their antics Censorship!!
T Dutton

Postby RD » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:12 pm

T Dutton wrote:Off topic:
RD (and other Left wingers) how about answering the question about the right or wrong antics of the democratic leadership in turning off the lights and microphones as well as not allowing CSPAN to show the current chamber.

If the Republicans didn't refuse to compromise, it wouldn't have happened.

T Dutton wrote:They both need to get over themselves knock off the negitive junk both sides are doing

What was negative in Obama's response?
"If you think teachers are your enemy, you should probably reassess who you think your friends are." - Chris Larson
RD

Postby RD » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:50 pm

Back on topic...

T Dutton wrote:They both need to get over themselves knock off the negitive junk both sides are doing

What was negative in Obama's response?
RD

Postby T Dutton » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:42 pm

RD,

My error. I recall Obama stating a while back ago ythat he does not want to use negative ads. I commend him on that. I am so used to having both parties going low. If an ad is on and going after a voting record I do not call that negative. I agree that McCain has some negative ads out there, which does not help his cause.

You stated that the Republicans did not want to compromise, that same could be said abouts the Democrats, thjey did not want to compromise with the Repbs. Either way you look at the situation, you and I lose in the end.

However, from you answer regarding turning off the lights. I guess you like the fact that Pelosi and crew are censoring the press by not allowing CSPAN to televise. I did try to ask Shea Porter to look into requesting that CSPAN be allowed to be back on, no repsonse from her office, other than they will look into the matter.

The sad part is that the Republicians in the same situation would do the same antics. As I have said before no one in Washington ( Or Concord) wants to work together. They are so afraid of upsetting their own party and loosing any chance of getting into a big committe. Which is why I beleive a third party is needed.
T Dutton

Postby Michael Pelletier » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:41 pm

From Time Magazine:

Michael Pelletier

Postby RD » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:24 pm

Notice that Sen. Obama is talking about issues; about the future of America. On McCain's low-road attacks, Obama spends less than 10 seconds, saying, "I don't have time for that mess."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUCviUwEZkg
RD

Postby Jeannine Stergios » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:40 am

Rd

Real high road he pretends to take. The guy is one of those passive/aggresives who tosses out insults and acts like it's a big joke. You can't see how he has suckered you into his little game. If he's laughing at anyone it's people who agree with him no matter what he says.
REPUBLICAN - BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE CAN BE ON WELFARE
Jeannine Stergios

Return to National Politics