Great leader in Pelosi

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Great leader in Pelosi

Postby T Dutton » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:45 pm

House Dems turn out the lights but GOP keeps talking

Also, ALL the Politicians left in HUGE SUV's Must be nice to have the money to waste on fuel. Here they are telling evrtone else (incluiding auto makers) to have better fuel effiecent cars and they continue to drive Huge SUV's

Hey RD' are you pround of your leader!

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and the Democrats adjourned the House, turned off the lights and killed the microphones, but Republicans are still on the floor talking gas prices.

Minority Leader John A. Boehner (R-Ohio) and other GOP leaders opposed the motion to adjourn the House, arguing that Pelosi's refusal to schedule a vote allowing offshore drilling is hurting the American economy. They have refused to leave the floor after the adjournment motion passed at 11:23 a.m., and they are busy bashing Pelosi and her fellow Democrats for leaving town for the August recess.

At one point, the lights went off in the House and the microphones were turned off in the chamber, meaning Republicans were talking in the dark. But as Rep. John Shadegg (R-Ariz..) was speaking, the lights went back on and the microphones were turned on shortly afterward.

But C-SPAN, which has no control over the cameras in the chamber, has stopped broadcasting the House floor, meaning no one was witnessing this except the assembled Republicans, their aides, and one Democrat, Rep. Dennis J. Kucinich (D-Ohio), who has now left.

Only about a half-dozen Republicans were on the floor when this began, but the crowd has grown to about 20, according to Patrick O'Connor.
T Dutton

Re: Great leader in Pelosi

Postby platypusman » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:18 am

T Dutton wrote:House Dems turn out the lights but GOP keeps talking

Also, ALL the Politicians left in HUGE SUV's Must be nice to have the money to waste on fuel. Here they are telling evrtone else (incluiding auto makers) to have better fuel effiecent cars and they continue to drive Huge SUV's

Hey RD' are you pround of your leader!

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and the Democrats adjourned the House, turned off the lights and killed the microphones, but Republicans are still on the floor talking gas prices.

Minority Leader John A. Boehner (R-Ohio) and other GOP leaders opposed the motion to adjourn the House, arguing that Pelosi's refusal to schedule a vote allowing offshore drilling is hurting the American economy. They have refused to leave the floor after the adjournment motion passed at 11:23 a.m., and they are busy bashing Pelosi and her fellow Democrats for leaving town for the August recess.

At one point, the lights went off in the House and the microphones were turned off in the chamber, meaning Republicans were talking in the dark. But as Rep. John Shadegg (R-Ariz..) was speaking, the lights went back on and the microphones were turned on shortly afterward.

But C-SPAN, which has no control over the cameras in the chamber, has stopped broadcasting the House floor, meaning no one was witnessing this except the assembled Republicans, their aides, and one Democrat, Rep. Dennis J. Kucinich (D-Ohio), who has now left.

Only about a half-dozen Republicans were on the floor when this began, but the crowd has grown to about 20, according to Patrick O'Connor.

This is an abuse of power and should wake up folks to the fac that Pelosi and Reid are not helping American families lower the cost of gas. This fall we must replace the arogance with democracy! I urge all to not reelect Democrats at any level.
platypusman

Postby RD » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:22 am

platypusman wrote:I urge all to not reelect Democrats at any level.

So you weren't really "researching" any candidates after all. Of course we all knew that you were nothing more than a right-wing attack machine hack. Go back under your bridge, troll.
"If you think teachers are your enemy, you should probably reassess who you think your friends are." - Chris Larson
RD

Postby platypusman » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:43 am

RD wrote:
platypusman wrote:I urge all to not reelect Democrats at any level.

So you weren't really "researching" any candidates after all. Of course we all knew that you were nothing more than a right-wing attack machine hack. Go back under your bridge, troll.

I was researching and found the Democratic Party to fear democracy. Pelosi and Reid want the American people to pay high gas prices so they would not even allow debate or a vote on the energy bill. Is this the kind of leadership we want? I think not so let's get rid of those would stand in the way of democracy. Vote out the Democrats.
platypusman

Postby T Dutton » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:57 pm

If the Republicans pulled the same stunt, all those who hate Bush and the Republican party would be up in arms with what Pelosi and group did. ( I would be very mad at what party pulled that stunt) So, all those Bush and Republican party haters out there, explain why you are not displeased with what the House Democrat leaders did. Or, if you are pleased - explain that. and, What did they get out of their actions?

We, as a country as so torn apart that nothing will get accomplished. No one is willing to look at the big picture. Politicians are only looking at party lines and how their policies will make the other party look bad. There is so much hate in this country and that will ruin us. Politicians need to look at what will strengthen this country as a nation and not their pockets or special interests. I would love to see an active and production third party. Thsi goes to liberals and consertives as well. Not one politician is looking out for the good of the country. Obama wants Change? He can start by requesting term limits to the house, senate and judges. However, that will never happen or be allowed to happen. What a shame.
T Dutton

Postby T Dutton » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:25 pm

No democrats want to answer my questions?,,,, How interesting? I guess the democrats on this forum agree that the democrat leadership did the right thing by turning off the lights, microphones and calling in the police to have people moved from the building. As house members are seen getting into their limos and suvs.
T Dutton

Postby Jeannine Stergios » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:39 pm

T Dutton

I just heard the the Republicans will be back on the House Floor tomorrow to continue their protests.

I hope they get plenty of publicity.
REPUBLICAN - BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE CAN BE ON WELFARE
Jeannine Stergios

Postby RD » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:53 pm

platypusman wrote:Pelosi and Reid want the American people to pay high gas prices

Wow, are all Republicans lying scumbags like you or are there any honest Repblicans out there? Boy, I sure hope for the latter, for the sake of your party. I understand that you're bitter because your party is losing power, and will continue to do so with the upcoming elections, but there's no reason to be such a lying scumbag...
"If you think teachers are your enemy, you should probably reassess who you think your friends are." - Chris Larson
RD

Postby platypusman » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:33 pm

RD wrote:
platypusman wrote:Pelosi and Reid want the American people to pay high gas prices

Wow, are all Republicans lying scumbags like you or are there any honest Repblicans out there? Boy, I sure hope for the latter, for the sake of your party. I understand that you're bitter because your party is losing power, and will continue to do so with the upcoming elections, but there's no reason to be such a lying scumbag...

RD isn't this a bit harsh?

Pelosi and Reid do what the American people to suffer now, they believe it will help Democrats in the fall. What other reason could it be?
platypusman

Postby T Dutton » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:01 pm

I repeat what I stated in my last post regarding the state of politics today. Any Democrats upset with the way Pelosi and crew handled the situation?
T Dutton

Postby T Dutton » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:27 pm

House Republicans go back on the floor Monday to talk gas prices

Continuing with their guerilla tactics from last week, House Republicans will be back on the floor Monday to talk gas prices, even though Congress is in recess, and they may stay there all week.

More than a dozen Republicans have already committed to make appearances, according to House GOP leadership aide, including National Republican Congressional Committee Chairman Tom Cole (Okla.).

Rep. Tom Price (R-Ga.) and Mike Pence (R-Ind.), who lead Friday's five-hour talkathon after the House shut down for the August recess, are also expected to be there, according to this aide.

"In an urgent memo sent to GOP Members and staff Saturday (“A Call to Action on American Energy”), Republican Leader John Boehner (R-) and Whip Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) hailed Friday’s action, and encouraged House Republicans to return to the Capitol beginning Monday morning to help keep the historic effort going," said a press release just released by Minority Leader Boehner's office.

“It’s not a request we make lightly. But the American people are suffering,” Boehner and Blunt said in the memo. “The consequences of continued congressional inaction on gas prices are unacceptable. We’ve called on the Speaker to call Congress back into an emergency session this month and schedule a vote on the American Energy Act. We must continue to make a stand until the Speaker complies.”

Update - Neither Boehner nor Blunt are expected to be in attendance at Monday's talkfest, and its unclear if they will show up at any point during the week, according to GOP leadership aides.

The session will not be televised, since C-Span does not control the cameras inside the House chamber. Rather, those come under the purview of Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and the Democrats, and they're unlikely to do anything to help Republicans.

"Is this called Censorship bu a Democratic leader? How sad. House leadership should be impeached!!! Any comments from our democrats on the forum? Or would rather ignore this incident.

Again, of Bush and Republicans did the same you would all over the incident. We need to work together and solve the big issues. The House and Senate are not doing this and should ALL be fired. "

But Republicans felt they got a lot of good press out of Friday's "revolt," so they will be back at it again, and younger GOP lawmakers were clearly energized by the tactic, something not evident among Republicans for most of the 110th Congress.
T Dutton

Postby RBarnes » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:30 am

T Dutton wrote:If the Republicans pulled the same stunt, all those who hate Bush and the Republican party would be up in arms with what Pelosi and group did.

T, go back and read the democrats from this forum and their responses to the republicans trying to walk out on the special session here in the state house when democrats chose to pull a late night meeting to bond away our state's debt. They had a fit that Republicans would try to leave a meeting. Yet democrats leave and act like babies turning out the lights... no comment.
$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found
RBarnes

Postby Jeannine Stergios » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:53 am

RD

Wow, are all Republicans lying scumbags like you or are there any honest Repblicans out there?

Get a grip and stop acting like you're 5 years old. If I called you a lying left wing loony scumbag would that be OK with you?
REPUBLICAN - BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE CAN BE ON WELFARE
Jeannine Stergios

Postby T Dutton » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:27 pm

Still sad to see our loyal democrates refuse/ no courage to answer questions regarding their antics.

guess the democrats on this forum agree that the democrat leadership did the right thing by turning off the lights, microphones and waling out.

As well as not allowing CSPAN to play on CENSORSHIP!!!!!!!

RD what would you say if the Republicans pulled this stunt. Are you letting the Dems get away with censorship? How interesting. Are they impeachable?

I guess the blaming only goes to Republicans
T Dutton

Postby Sybil Spence Rocca » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:28 pm

T Dutton wrote:Still sad to see our loyal democrates refuse/ no courage to answer questions regarding their antics.

guess the democrats on this forum agree that the democrat leadership did the right thing by turning off the lights, microphones and waling out.

As well as not allowing CSPAN to play on CENSORSHIP!!!!!!!

RD what would you say if the Republicans pulled this stunt. Are you letting the Dems get away with censorship? How interesting. Are they impeachable?

I guess the blaming only goes to Republicans

Tim,

Go to the town hall and take a peek at the check list. I think you may be surpirsed at who you may be thinking is a democrate on this forum. Just because I've decided to support Obama instead of McCain, doesn't mean that I LOVE ALL democrates and agree with everything that they do. There were alot of republican congressmen who took off along with the dems.

Last I heard there was a reasonable gang of 10. 5 dems and 5 reps hanging in there and trying to come up with a bill that would comp and hopefully get the majority to sign onto. Nancy shouldn't have closed the session. Too important.

Those gas hog SUV's (we never bought into those, by the way) reps and dems drive equally.

I've always agreed with Jeaninne on term limits for congress and senate. I know, I think it was Mike P. who pointed out that by the meer fact that candidates to have to run again, and win, that this is a term limit in itself, but I believe that people just get lazy about voting and keeping up with the voting records of their representatives, so the same people keep getting in year after year.

I hope your Summer is going well for you and your family. :)
Sybil Spence Rocca

Next

Return to National Politics