Great leader in Pelosi

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Re: Great leader in Pelosi

Postby platypusman » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:28 pm

Pelosi has failed manytimes over. From Drudge:

SPEAKER OF THE FLOP: PELOSI SELLS 2,737 COPIES OF BOOK
Thu Aug 07 2008 08:11:48 ET

The most powerful woman in the history of American politics is suffering a humiliating defeat at the nation's bookstores, sales figures show.

In her first week at market, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi sold just 2,737 copies of her book KNOW YOUR POWER, according to NIELSEN BOOKSCAN.

The DOUBLEDAY release was launched with a full media push, featuring high profile interviews on TODAYTHEVIEWTHISWEEK.

"I wrote the book in response to people asking me what it was like to go from housewife to House Speaker and for advice as to how young people, especially women, could balance family and career," Pelosi told the WASHINGTON POST.

Pelosi's sales debacle [#41 on the Non-Fiction Chart] is dramatically overshadowed by the first high profile anti-Obama book, OBAMA NATION, which debuts at #1 on both the BOOKSCAN and the NEW YORK TIMES Bestseller List, with 21,466 copies moved, industry insiders tell DRUDGE.

"The speaker was pre-occupied with house business last week," a source close to Pelosi explained Thursday morning. "She has now turned her focus to promoting this extraordinary book... doing local signings and speeches. I think we'll see an uptick."

Developing...
platypusman

Postby Jeannine Stergios » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:48 pm

platypus

When has left wing crap ever been a big hit with Americans? They can't even support talk radio.
Quite frankly I don't know why they selected Pelosi as speaker. There are far brighter and more moderate Dems in the House. Meanwhile Obama Nation is Number 7 on the Amazon Bestseller list.

I think I have sold more copies of my book than she has LOL
REPUBLICAN - BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE CAN BE ON WELFARE
Jeannine Stergios

Postby Sybil Spence Rocca » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:03 pm

Jeannine Stergios wrote:platypus

When has left wing crap ever been a big hit with Americans? They can't even support talk radio.
Quite frankly I don't know why they selected Pelosi as speaker. There are far brighter and more moderate Dems in the House. Meanwhile Obama Nation is Number 7 on the Amazon Bestseller list.

I think I have sold more copies of my book than she has LOL

You wrote a book that is published? What's the title? Where can one get a copy?
Sybil Spence Rocca

Postby RBarnes » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:44 am

Jeannine Stergios wrote:I think I have sold more copies of my book than she has LOL

I'm about half way through writing my own... I'll have to issue a local challenge to see who sells more. :wink:
$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found
RBarnes

Postby Jeannine Stergios » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:38 am

Sybil

You wrote a book that is published? What's the title? Where can one get a copy?

You know damn well I wrote a book.
Its available online as an e-book download and also in hard copy.

http://www.seachangeforlife.com/category_s/7.htm
Jeannine Stergios

Postby platypusman » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:06 pm

Nancy Pelosi has a challenger.

Official: Sheehan to Oppose Pelosi

Saturday, August 9, 2008 12:19 PM

A year to the date exactly after formally announcing her intention to challenge Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi for her seat in California's 8th district, Cindy Sheehan is officially on the ballot as a "Decline to State" candidate.

In order to qualify as an "Decline to State" candidate Sheehan was required to submit 10,198 signatures from registered voters in the district by August 8th, 2008; Sheehan's campaign collected close the double the amount of signatures needed and qualified before the deadline.

"Getting on the ballot is just the first victory for our campaign," says Sheehan

"I am even more convinced now than I was a year ago that the people of San Francisco are ready to lead the way to step outside of the dated two-party system and elect someone who truly represents San Francisco values, not party loyalties and criminal activities."

"In a recent interview Nancy Pelosi admitted she couldn't even name a crime that the Bush administration has committed, by the end of this campaign she'll be well versed in all of them, even the ones she's complicit in."

Cindy Sheehan is the sixth person in the state history of California to qualify as a "Decline to State" candidate.

Cindy Sheehan lives in San Francisco and is running for Congress in California's 8th District. Her oldest son Casey was killed in Iraq in April of 2004. She rose to international fame as a peace activist in August of 2005 after camping out in front of President Bush's vacation home asking him to meet with her and explain what noble cause her son died for.
platypusman

Postby RD » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:23 pm

It's amazing how marginalized the Republicans have become. Look at how many are just giving up and quitting after what Bush and Cheney have done to the Republican Party for the last seven years.
"If you think teachers are your enemy, you should probably reassess who you think your friends are." - Chris Larson
RD

Postby Jeannine Stergios » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:17 pm

Rd

It's amazing how marginalized the Republicans have become. Look at how many are just giving up and quitting after what Bush and Cheney have done to the Republican Party for the last seven years.

You're dreaming RD. They're not as marginalized as you want to believe. Many have quit to become lobbyists. Is this another one of those ideas you cooked up in your own mind?

Here are the latest Senate Polls. I see nothing here that indicates you are even close to being right and your buddy Shea-Porter is 10 points behind Jeb Bradley.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls ... enate.html
Jeannine Stergios

Postby platypusman » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:15 am

Trying to be fair and balanced I am posting a piece speaking about Pelosi's possible willingness to have a vote for offshore drilling. This is good news, we need more moderation and less radicalism from folks like Peolosi.

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/pel ... 08-11.html

Pelosi indicates openness to offshore drilling vote
By Mike Soraghan
Posted: 08/11/08 09:51 PM [ET]
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Monday night dropped her staunch opposition to a vote on offshore oil drilling in the House.

Republicans, reacting to high gas prices, have demanded a vote on additional oil exploration in the Outer Continental Shelf, where drilling is currently blocked by a moratorium. Until now, Pelosi (D-Calif.) has resisted the idea as a “hoax.” But in an interview on CNN’s Larry King Live, she indicated that she was open to a vote.
platypusman

Postby RD » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:37 am

Democrats to offer bill with offshore oil drilling

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said on Saturday when the U.S. Congress returns next month from its summer recess, Democrats will offer legislation that could give oil companies drilling access to more offshore areas.

By moving to open additional federal waters to energy exploration, Democrats could narrow the differences they have with Republicans on tackling America's energy problems, a concern that ranks high with voters heading into the November presidential and congressional elections.

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama has changed his position and said he would be willing to consider new offshore drilling if it allowed comprehensive energy legislation to pass. His Republican challenger, John McCain, also switched his position and has called for opening most U.S. waters to drilling if the affected states agree.

In the Democrats' weekly radio address, Pelosi of California said expanding drilling areas would be part of a broader bill which addresses other energy issues.

"It will consider opening portions of the (offshore) Outer Continental Shelf for drilling, with appropriate safeguards, and without taxpayer subsidies to Big Oil," she said.

Pelosi said the legislation would require oil companies to pay billions of dollars in drilling royalties, which would be invested in clean energy resources.

Democrats also want to release supplies from the U.S. emergency oil stockpile to help lower gasoline prices, increase drilling in an Alaskan oil reserve that is already open to exploration and require utilities to generate a portion of their electricity from renewable sources like solar and wind energy.

In addition, Pelosi said, the legislation would seek to rein in excessive energy market speculation that many U.S. lawmakers blame for running up crude oil and gasoline prices.

"This comprehensive Democratic approach will ensure energy independence which is essential to our national security, will create millions of good paying jobs here at home in a new green economy, and will take major steps forward in addressing the global climate crisis," Pelosi said.

"If you think teachers are your enemy, you should probably reassess who you think your friends are." - Chris Larson
RD

Postby platypusman » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:47 am

Can you say Flip-Flop
platypusman

Postby RD » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:11 am

It's called "compromise." Both sides giving a little to achieve a desired outcome. You'd know nothing about it.

And a post of substance doesn't need big red letters.
RD

Previous

Return to National Politics