"The One"

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Re: "The One"

Postby platypusman » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:45 am

It seems people are growing sick of the elitist Obama.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080806/ap_ ... erexposure

Poll: Nearly half hearing too much about Obama

WASHINGTON - Barack Obama may be the fresh face in this year's presidential election, but nearly half say they're already tired of hearing about him, a poll says
User avatar
platypusman
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:27 pm

Re: "The One"

Postby RD » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:49 am

Well no kidding. People like you just can't seem to stop talking about him... :lol:
"If you think teachers are your enemy, you should probably reassess who you think your friends are." - Chris Larson
RD
 
Posts: 5689
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:49 pm

Re: "The One"

Postby platypusman » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:51 am

RD like I said, if I can sway one person, just one person, to not vote for Obama my work will be well worth it.
User avatar
platypusman
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:27 pm

Re: "The One"

Postby RD » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:56 am

The irony is, if anything, your comments are swaying people to vote for Obama. :lol:
"If you think teachers are your enemy, you should probably reassess who you think your friends are." - Chris Larson
RD
 
Posts: 5689
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:49 pm

Re: "The One"

Postby platypusman » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:04 am

RD I have to disagree. Based on the PMs I get, I am showing good progress in enlighting people to the dangers of Obama.
User avatar
platypusman
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:27 pm

Re: "The One"

Postby RD » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:21 am

platypusman wrote: the dangers of Obama



Image
"If you think teachers are your enemy, you should probably reassess who you think your friends are." - Chris Larson
RD
 
Posts: 5689
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:49 pm

Re: "The One"

Postby andysinnh » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:35 am

platypusman wrote:RD I have to disagree. Based on the PMs I get, I am showing good progress in enlighting people to the dangers of Obama.

So you base your success about convincing people that Obama is bad for America by the PM's you get in return - sort of like your own exit poll, eh? Sort of like people I run into during a typical day saying the same thing to me - to my face because they know who I am - saying they don't like the conservative nonsense happening on the forum? Congrats - looks like we both have people that will read what we might have to say. Too bad that your mission is one of to tear down vs build up. Personally, I'd love for you to give me reasons to vote for McCain. RD has asked an interesting question in another thread - can you or anyone else post specifics for McCains policies and plans here, in the same way you've chosen to tear apart every sentence that Obama has ever said in order to get people to NOT vote for him? Personally, it'd be a much more interesting discussion if you could support something rather than tear something apart. And I'm serious. You don't know how close I am to being on the fence here - but frankly your negative tactics almost make me not want to consider someone you're supporting.

I propose you change your username once more - initially USCitizen03054, then platypusman - now it should be "robot" - because lately you've been doing an outstanding imitation of the robot in "lost in space" - "Danger, Danger, Will Robinson!" :lol:
Andy Schneider
andysinnh
 
Posts: 2361
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:04 am
Location: Woodward Rd

Re: "The One"

Postby platypusman » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:02 pm

Andy it is not my job to advocate for McCain but since you ask. There are many places McCain differs from Obama. His personal character is not one of divisiveness like Obama. He has a proven record at opposing wasteful government spending unlike Obama. He supports broad tax cuts unlike Obama who will raise taxes. He understands foreign policy unlike Obama who has only a few years of experience. He understands the military and what sacrifice is unlike Obama would not serve his country.
User avatar
platypusman
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:27 pm

Re: "The One"

Postby andysinnh » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:15 pm

platypusman wrote:Andy it is not my job to advocate for McCain but since you ask. .

But it is your job to advocate AGAINST Obama. You claim Obama can be divisive. Seems to me this is a similar tactic on your part.... So are you actually going to vote for anyone in this election? So far, all one can tell is who you WON'T vote for.
Andy Schneider
andysinnh
 
Posts: 2361
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:04 am
Location: Woodward Rd

Re: "The One"

Postby platypusman » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:55 pm

andysinnh wrote:
platypusman wrote:Andy it is not my job to advocate for McCain but since you ask. .

But it is your job to advocate AGAINST Obama. You claim Obama can be divisive. Seems to me this is a similar tactic on your part.... So are you actually going to vote for anyone in this election? So far, all one can tell is who you WON'T vote for.


Andy as I mentioned before if I can persuade just one single solitary person to not vote for Obama that is an accomplishment in my mind. I really consider Obama to be dangerous to our well being based on his proposals. I don't know how you can say I am divisive; everything I post has basis in documented facts. I am just amalgamating public information on Obama that one does not see in the mainstream media.
User avatar
platypusman
 
Posts: 873
Joined: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:27 pm

Re: "The One"

Postby RD » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:49 pm

platypusman wrote:Andy as I mentioned before if I can persuade just one single solitary person to not vote for Obama that is an accomplishment in my mind.

And isn't that your sole reason to begin posting on this forum again, under a new pseudonym, dishonestly claiming to be "researching?" You're in sad shape if you think that anyone reading this - anyone - including Jeannine and Jonathan ("guesswho"), doesn't realize that what you have been doing since you started posting again has been completely dishonest.

They may like it, but they, like everyone reading this, recognize it. Your veil is very thin, my slimy friend; and that is exactly why you're attracting more people to Obama than away.

We are not dumb. We connect your dishonesty and negativity with McCain's campaign.
"If you think teachers are your enemy, you should probably reassess who you think your friends are." - Chris Larson
RD
 
Posts: 5689
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:49 pm

Re: "The One"

Postby Jeannine Stergios » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:49 am

RD

They may like it, but they, like everyone reading this, recognize it. Your veil is very thin, my slimy friend; and that is exactly why you're attracting more people to Obama than away.

We are not dumb. We connect your dishonesty and negativity with McCain's campaign.


How do you figure this when Obama's dropping in the polls? If there is anyone on this forum who has changed their vote to Obama because of platypus please let us know.

Why must you resort to name calling ? Oh that's right, you don't have anything else.
REPUBLICAN - BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE CAN BE ON WELFARE
Jeannine Stergios
 
Posts: 9306
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2002 6:36 pm
Location: Jessica Drive Merrimack

Re: "The One"

Postby RD » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:13 am

Jeannine Stergios wrote:Why must you resort to name calling ?

Well, if you tell me his name, I'll gladly use it. I don't think a platypus would mind being called slimy.
"If you think teachers are your enemy, you should probably reassess who you think your friends are." - Chris Larson
RD
 
Posts: 5689
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:49 pm

Re: "The One"

Postby Sybil Spence Rocca » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:21 am

Jeannine Stergios wrote:RD

They may like it, but they, like everyone reading this, recognize it. Your veil is very thin, my slimy friend; and that is exactly why you're attracting more people to Obama than away.

We are not dumb. We connect your dishonesty and negativity with McCain's campaign.


How do you figure this when Obama's dropping in the polls? If there is anyone on this forum who has changed their vote to Obama because of platypus please let us know.

Why must you resort to name calling ? Oh that's right, you don't have anything else.


WHY DO RESORT TO NAME CALLING? Now this is a real case of the pot calling the kettle black! LOL :lol:
Sybil Spence Rocca
 

Re: "The One"

Postby RD » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:30 am

Sybil Spence Rocca wrote:
Jeannine Stergios wrote:RD

They may like it, but they, like everyone reading this, recognize it. Your veil is very thin, my slimy friend; and that is exactly why you're attracting more people to Obama than away.

We are not dumb. We connect your dishonesty and negativity with McCain's campaign.


How do you figure this when Obama's dropping in the polls? If there is anyone on this forum who has changed their vote to Obama because of platypus please let us know.

Why must you resort to name calling ? Oh that's right, you don't have anything else.


WHY DO RESORT TO NAME CALLING? Now this is a real case of the pot calling the kettle black! LOL :lol:

Oh right... good point.

Signed,
Wacko Moonbat
"If you think teachers are your enemy, you should probably reassess who you think your friends are." - Chris Larson
RD
 
Posts: 5689
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:49 pm

PreviousNext

Return to National Politics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

cron