McCain today at the Urban League

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

McCain today at the Urban League

Postby Sybil Spence Rocca » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:27 pm

I just heard this on the news with my own ears.

McCain just said (in his speech) "When I'm elected president, I will create situations that will benefit the black community." "This you can count on my friends."

He didn't expand on this statement at all. Didn't mention what those situations would be.

Isn't that nice of him? OR - Do you think he is pandering?

I don't know - I'll have to think about it...
Sybil Spence Rocca

Re: McCain today at the Urban League

Postby RD » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:00 pm

Weren't some people recently talking about the playing of a so-called race card? McCain's done.
"If you think teachers are your enemy, you should probably reassess who you think your friends are." - Chris Larson
RD

Re: McCain today at the Urban League

Postby Jeannine Stergios » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:59 am

RD

Weren't some people recently talking about the playing of a so-called race card? McCain's done.

Keep dreaming RD. There was no race card played by anyone other than Obama. People are sick of listening to Obama if anything. Who's the one who keeps saying he has a funny name and he looks different? It isn't McCain.

If you actually believe the ad was racist then that says alot about how you think. I saw it as comparing him to other celebrities who have done nothing to deserve that status. The ad also mentioned that he was opposed to drilling and wanted to raise taxes. None of which was racist. Personally I am sick to death of this racist crap. Imagine what an Obama presidency would be like? No one could object to anything he does because it would be racist? What a divisive 4 years that would be.
REPUBLICAN - BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE CAN BE ON WELFARE
Jeannine Stergios

Return to National Politics