A real Monster?

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

A real Monster?

Postby RBarnes » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:25 pm

No this isn't a thread about Hillary!!!

http://gawker.com/5031772/montauk-monst ... -the-c+n+n

Has anyone else seen the coverage of this thing that was found washed up on Long Island? The link above includes the footage from CNN.

I found it fascinating so I thought it might be an interesting non political discussion to start up.
$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found
RBarnes

Re: A real Monster?

Postby Linda Nickerson » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:30 pm

That is interesting! It may force me to get in touch with my friend from High School who lives out there to get the scoop!
Linda Nickerson

Postby RBarnes » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:48 am

Linda Nickerson wrote:That is interesting! It may force me to get in touch with my friend from High School who lives out there to get the scoop!

Please keep me posted if you hear anything. I just love stories like this.

Do recall the "monster" they found up in Maine last year that had been hit by a car? They are still running tests on it but have determined it came from the Canis family.
$DO || ! $DO ; try
RBarnes

Postby Linda Nickerson » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:02 am

I'm going to be on Long Island next weekend......I'll make sure to check it out (won't be at Montauk unfortunately....will be in the Great River area.....)
Linda Nickerson

Postby Wizard » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:12 am

RBarnes wrote:
Linda Nickerson wrote:That is interesting! It may force me to get in touch with my friend from High School who lives out there to get the scoop!

Please keep me posted if you hear anything. I just love stories like this.

Do recall the "monster" they found up in Maine last year that had been hit by a car? They are still running tests on it but have determined it came from the Canis family.

That turned out to be, in fact, a dog (in Maine). Woof! But that thing in NY...ewwweeee. It looks like part pig and part bird. Only in NY.....probably from Queen's.
Wizard

Postby Linda Nickerson » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:49 pm

Scuttlebutt at Phil's Sports Bar in Wading River is that the "Montauk Monster" was a Pitbull that drowned, lost most if it's fur in the process, bloated and then the head was photoshopped to look less like a dog.......
Linda Nickerson

Postby RBarnes » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:19 pm

Linda Nickerson wrote:Scuttlebutt at Phil's Sports Bar in Wading River is that the "Montauk Monster" was a Pitbull that drowned, lost most if it's fur in the process, bloated and then the head was photoshopped to look less like a dog.......

Hmmm, it's possible but there are additional photos surfacing...
http://www.cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/mm-newpic/

There are also the life guards who claim to have the bones. Based on the CNN story I'm still guessing it was something that washed up from that disease research lap out on the island.
$DO || ! $DO ; try
RBarnes

Postby RBarnes » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:24 pm

Oh and speaking of "monsters", I saw a video the other day in which a guy claims to have a hand severed from a real Bigfoot. The video claims it was even DNA tested with no matching results.

I just LOVE stories like that. Problem is though that as much as I want to believe, the skeptic in me keeps researching and digging and I usually uncover how the hoax was put together. Heck I can even explain how half of Chris Angle's magic tricks are done now.
$DO || ! $DO ; try
RBarnes

Postby Linda Nickerson » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:59 pm

Oooo....I heard a GREAT story about that Plum Island place off of Orient......the friends I had dinner with are friends with a guy that used to be the lighthouse keeper there. (Actually, it's probably the Fisher Island Lighthouse but they're right next to each other) He NEVER turned off the lights in his Keepers Cottage because, if he did, he heard people talking and walking around all night (yet, no one was there :shock: ). If he kept the light on it was ok.

Now the lighthouse is automatically controlled.....

Also, when deer swim over to Plum Island they hire hunters to come over and kill them because they don't want them picking up anything from there......one deer has been impossible to catch. She swims back and forth all the time so who knows what she's spreading around!

Yeah, I doubt I was getting REAL info at the sports bar.....you know how skeptical New Yorkers are!!! I'll have to check the link you sent.....
Linda Nickerson

Postby Wizard » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:37 pm

Wizard

Postby Kathy » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:17 pm

Kathy

Postby RBarnes » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:59 pm

Kathy wrote:...and a Chupacabra in Texas

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... Texas.html

Now that one looks like a dog.

The bigfoot on the other hand.... hmmm???
$DO || ! $DO ; try
RBarnes

Return to National Politics