Carol Shea-Porter's accomplishments?

Moderator: The Merrimack Volunteer Moderators

Re: Carol Shea-Porter's accomplishments?

Postby RD » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:10 am

Well, at least you're consistent in that regard Rick. However, your complaints about Congresswoman Shea Porter appear quite partisan considering I didn't notice you make a stink about Bradley, who sponsored bills such as:

• H.R.1084 : To authorize the establishment at Antietam National Battlefield of a memorial to the officers and enlisted men of the Fifth, Sixth, and Ninth New Hampshire Volunteer Infantry Regiments and the First New Hampshire Light Artillery Battery who fought in the Battle of Antietam on September 17, 1862
  • H.R.2050 : To require the Secretary of the Treasury to mint coins in commemoration of the legacy of the Old Man of the Mountain, the symbol of New Hampshire that passed on to its granite roots in the dawn of May, 2003
  • H.RES.170 : Recognizing the 40th anniversary of the sinking of the U.S.S. Thresher

All representatives do it. When it's put in that perspective, I would say Congresswoman Shea Porter is doing a great job.
"If you think teachers are your enemy, you should probably reassess who you think your friends are." - Chris Larson
RD

Postby T Dutton » Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:40 am

RD;

Look again at page one and see Her "other" voting record. Depending on anyones views she is either doing well or not. I happen to lean toward being Conservative, so I do not agree with all her or some liberal thinking.

Still, when I vote I vote the person - not the party. (voted for Lynch -may not vote for him again, not happy with some recent actions)

Now, I happen to think Not any of the Reps or senators, President are doing us justice. Look at the voting records and I see voting with their parties and not for the good of the country. They Tend to vote looking at Polls Do not dare vote against their party leadership or lines (If I remember - Shea Porter has vote at least 97% with party lines - as has John S)

Shea Porter (and democrats) ran (their) her Campaign saying to many times Bass voted with party lines and now she is doing the same thing and does not see any problem and will continue to vote that way (Article from the Concord Monitor).

We need Independent thinkers in our Goverment. There should also be term limits for Senators and US Reps, 20 30 40 years in office and you are useless.

They should not get lifetime pensions and free medical care. Seve your time and go back into the real world and make a living. what makes them above the rest of us?
T Dutton

Postby RD » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:04 pm

T Dutton wrote:Now, I happen to think Not any of the Reps or senators, President are doing us justice. Look at the voting records and I see voting with their parties and not for the good of the country. They Tend to vote looking at Polls Do not dare vote against their party leadership or lines

I agree. That's why I really like Congressman Kucinich. He always votes for what he believes is right... and he insists on being present at every vote, which makes it difficult to run a presidential campaign.
"If you think teachers are your enemy, you should probably reassess who you think your friends are." - Chris Larson
RD

Postby RBarnes » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:30 pm

RD wrote:Well, at least you're consistent in that regard Rick. However, your complaints about Congresswoman Shea Porter appear quite partisan considering I didn't notice you make a stink about Bradley, who sponsored bills such as:

I would have if someone started a thread such as this one questioning his record.

You are correct though in that both sides do it and over all patting people on the back and wasting time and money on meaningless recognitions such as the Lewis and Clark thing are very low on the priority list of issues to consider when voting for someone. Her votes on the budget and spending issues are far more a concern. The only reason I brought the others up are because they are not exactly accomplishments which is the key point of this thread.
$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found
RBarnes

Postby RBarnes » Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:37 pm

RD wrote:
T Dutton wrote:Now, I happen to think Not any of the Reps or senators, President are doing us justice. Look at the voting records and I see voting with their parties and not for the good of the country. They Tend to vote looking at Polls Do not dare vote against their party leadership or lines

I agree. That's why I really like Congressman Kucinich. He always votes for what he believes is right... and he insists on being present at every vote, which makes it difficult to run a presidential campaign.

RD, I have to agree with you on Kucinich. I don't agree with his views on many things but he is honest and votes what he thinks is right. Some people (myself included) feel he makes democrats as a whole look bad because he actually goes out saying what many of the rest of them believe but they wont come out saying it publicly because they know it wouldn't win them votes. So instead many of them put on false faces and pretend to be something they aren't.

That's actually why I'm backing Ron Paul from the other side. He's not afraid to call out the republicans when they are wrong and he has many times. However unlike Dennis "I see space men" Kucinich, Ron isn't viewed as an embarrassment by other republicans. The republicans who disagree with him do so because they disagree with his views such as his wanting out of Iraq. Which if you differ from someone because you know where they stand and honestly disagree with them there's nothing wrong with that.
$DO || ! $DO ; try
RBarnes

Postby Michael Pelletier » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:21 am

And for this, they give themselves automatic pay raises every year.

Has there been any indication so far that Shea-Porter is anything other than Nancy Pelosi's sock puppet?
Michael Pelletier

Postby Wayne » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:34 am

Sorry for the diversion from the topic, but...
RBarnes wrote:However unlike Dennis "I see space men" Kucinich, ...

Dennis reported only that he observed an unidentified flying object some 30 years ago. Nothing more, nothing less. Please leave the exagerations and ridicule to the talking heads on the Fox News channel, and recognize that he has some honorable qualities. You praise innovative thought from Ron Paul, but call Dennis Kunich an "embarrassment" for the same kind of thinking, presumably just because of what political party he belongs to.
Wayne

Postby RBarnes » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:53 am

Wayne wrote:You praise innovative thought from Ron Paul, but call Dennis Kunich an "embarrassment" for the same kind of thinking, presumably just because of what political party he belongs to.

Wayne, go back and reread what I wrote, I explain why Ron is not an embarrassment while Dennis is.

Dennis says the things many democrats think but don't want to say because they know it would cost them votes in general elections. It's not that they disagree with him, they just don't want those things said openly.

Ron Paul is saying things people don't mind saying openly. And his views don't make the rest of the republicans look foolish by being associated with them as is the case with Dennis. Ron's views make them look foolish because the rest (Rudy, Romney etc) disagree with him. It's nearly the polar opposite.
$DO || ! $DO ; try
RBarnes

Postby DEENA SUNI » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:49 pm

Carol Shea-Porter is a Democratic member of the United States House of Representatives from the state of New Hampshire. Render more information about lists.If you provide, it will be more useful.
----------------------------------------
Deena

New Hampshire Treatment Centers
DEENA SUNI

Previous

Return to National Politics